Free Flashlight Contest, Round 2, Your input needed!

SurefireM6

Enlightened
Hi,

Ok, the first one is Officially over and there will be some lucky winners. I learned a few things that I could change to make the next one even better.

One e-mail to me pointed out that I limited entries by requiring the ownership of a SF light for the first category. So, the next one will allow up to 4 pictures per contestant. All pictures will be randomly posted on the Judges website (out of view of the public until the contest is over). The judges will pick 4 pictures in order(via a scoring system). There will be prized from 1st place to 4th place.

This way it won't be limited to SF owners. Sorry about that, I didn't think about it that way. Anyway what do you guys think? If I get enough interest in this "new" way I'll run another contest in the future. Please post suggestions here. How can I make it better and for those who didn't enter, why?
Thanks.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about a funny/comedy category ?

Time to superglue that Arc AAA to the cat
grin.gif

***Edit***

Just had another idea (must be the coffee
smile.gif
) A funny caption competition, you post an unusual/strange/funny picture (could be one from the competition currently running) and the contestants have to come up with a witty caption.

SurefireM6

Enlightened
Hmm, funny caption idea is good! How does that work? Do you put a funny caption with your own pictures?

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire:

How about a category specifically for edited or composite type photos? This one might not win any prizes; but it might generate some laughs - and encourage others to develope their editing skills.

408392.jpg

In fact, I was going to wait until after the current contest winners were announced, then start a "photo non-contest" thread just to give folks an excuse to go crazy. What do you think M6?

SurefireM6

Enlightened
Good idea, but hosting a picture contest here would account for a great deal of bandwidth usage. I'm more than willing to host such a contest using my webspace if you want. We should talk
smile.gif

Not too long ago I remember seeing a post about a bandwidth usage crisis here.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i don't know about that stainless...only if glowbug isn't allowed to participate
tongue.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
he is the photo shop pro.

he put darells head back on his true body (a cow)
he made an arc aaa the size of a semi

and many more things...

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
not the one i was refering to.

it was some people pulling a gigantic arc aaa out of a truck.

logical

Newly Enlightened
Has the deadline been extended to Monday noon or did I misread the Email that came out.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
thanks bart, i looked for that for half an hour to no avail...do you mind telling me what thread it was in?

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rothrandir:

Hey, let him play too - it will raise the bar for the rest of us!
Suggestion 1. More than one prize for this cat.
Suggestion 2. Only one prize per entrant per cat.
Suggestion 3. No prizes at all for this cat. if that it what it takes to "bring on the fun"!

Stainless!