EDC

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Forgot to put my torch and its holster on my belt yesterday, kept reaching for it and realising it wasn't there, so annoying. I guess it feels like it does when you always wear a watch, forget it one day, and keep looking at your bare wrist for the time.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flying Turtle said:
You better have a small AAA light to keep in the pocket for those forgetful days.
yellowlaugh.gif

Geoff

What he said...but on your keychain.
smile.gif

CFU

alanagnostic

Enlightened
I walked out of the house the other day without my EDC knife and I felt semi-naked and paranoid as soon as I realized it wasn't there. Of course nothing happened but it just reinforced that I need to have a good flashligt and knife with me at all times outside the house.:grin2: "Don't leave home without it"

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha, forgetting your EDC knife? Done that one too. My EDC knife is so useful, for example, a bike lock ceased on me. I tried hacksaws, cable cutters, drills, files, and gave up. Then, as a last resort, pulled my Leatherman Squirt P4. A few quick chews of the cable, and my bike is free. I cannot leave home without my watch, torch and penknife. I'm getting a P1D-CE for my keyring soon. Maybe a bit chunky, but I have big pockets.

Last edited:

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Swiss Army knife with a light on it on every keychain.

I usually carry a Traveller Lite Swiss Army Knife in my wallet

and a real flashlight.

edc-lights.jpg

Lately the CR2 Ion XT has come with me more often than the A19 XR-E.

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like Victorinox penkinves, the blades are typically sharper than Leatherman. However, pliers and wirecutters are phenomenally useful, and the P4 is so small. I have a couple of Victorinoxs, but not for EDC.

PFloyd

Newly Enlightened
I usually carry a torch in a holster on my belt. If I somehow forget to put the holster on, I know I'll always have a torch with me. My trusty Arc-P is on my keychain all the time.

Regards
Bob

hikari

Newly Enlightened
Since I was a child (some time ago), my grandfather ALWAYS carried a penlight or a flashlight of some kind with him. It was always useful--even more so after his glaucoma started to eat away at his vision. After he passed away (at the ripe old age of 103), the family was sitting together and talking about him and we realized that we ALL (well, almost all) of us, habitually carry a light on us all the time--this whole light thing has become something of a family joke. When we get together, the cousins'll ask each other, "where's your light?" And you gotta whip it out to prove you're keeping with the program. (I'm the only on einto the high(er) end lights though, and they never fail to impress.)

I've always carried a cutting implement (knife), writing implement, and light with me since I was about a sophomore in high school over 35 years ago. I have no intention of breaking this habit...