Anyone interested in Fenix P1 - Cree?

fleegs

Enlightened
Hello. What is a Fenix P1-Cree? I envision the same brightness as a P1 but with longer runtime. Would anyone be interested? I would love 4-5 hour runtime at a real 40-50 lumens.

I have the P1D-CE and P1D but I would like something simpler. And I don't like the sequence of Med-Low-High. For me I prefer low-high. What I would really love is a digitally controlled P1 with Cree that only had two levels. Low and High. 5 lumens and 50 lumens. Shooting for a runtime of 40 hours and 4 hours. Another turbo model of 100 lumens for 1 hour would be good too.

What do you think?

rob

LightScene

Enlightened
After a lot of thought I've decided I want an on/off P1 that's as bright as possible without getting hot.

Last edited:

wotblake

Newly Enlightened
I would like low, med, high in that order. Low being 5 lumens for 40+ hours, med being 50 for 4 hours, high being 150+ for 1/2 hour.

mkphc

Newly Enlightened
isn't there a way to un-engineer the pid and use the proposed tail clicky w/resistor to limit input to achieve this?

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
chevrofreak said:
You could buy half a dozen P1's for what a PD costs.

I know:)

But where is the requested P1?
The PD is exactly the light which fullfils the requests. The question was:
"Anyone else? Is this possible?" and no words about the price.

I gave an answer with the intention to help.
What's your problem?

Best regards

_____
Tom

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Long John said:
I know:)

But where is the requested P1?
The PD is exactly the light which fullfils the requests. The question was:
"Anyone else? Is this possible?" and no words about the price.

I gave an answer with the intention to help.
What's your problem?

Best regards

_____
Tom

The question was about a Fenix P1 not a McLux PD.

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
fleegs said:
Hello. What is a Fenix P1-Cree? I envision the same brightness as a P1 but with longer runtime. Would anyone be interested? I would love 4-5 hour runtime at a real 40-50 lumens.

I have the P1D-CE and P1D but I would like something simpler. And I don't like the sequence of Med-Low-High. For me I prefer low-high. What I would really love is a digitally controlled P1 with Cree that only had two levels. Low and High. 5 lumens and 50 lumens. Shooting for a runtime of 40 hours and 4 hours. Another turbo model of 100 lumens for 1 hour would be good too.

What do you think?

rob

YES!!! I would love this set up exactly- 5 lumens and 50 lumens (or maybe even a little brighter w/ 2-3 hr runtime) in an ION/Larry type set up where if you twist a little, you get low, twist a little more and get high. I would also like it if the light in question was pretty much exactly the same size as the original P1 and not bigger like the P1D series. Fenix has not done this type of mode select as of yet, so I don't know if they would be the ones to pull it off, but it's certainly not impossible.

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my P1. I don't go anywhere without it. I'd love to have a Cree version of my very same P1. Just on and off. Nothing fancy. Just brighter. No twisting and untwisting to set a mode. Just a Cree in a P1. I'd love one.

The P1D-CE has too many "features". The beauty of the P1 is its simplicy and size. The P1D-CE is larger than the P1. It's like what Honda did with the Accord.

nelstomlinson

Newly Enlightened
I'm holding out for a P! CREE. Same case (maybe just a little longer, for the deeper reflector it will need), same simple design. All I want is a twisty (I could be happy with clicky, too), a decent regulator circuit, and really bright for an hour or two. No digital anything! No levels, no extra expense, no complications.

I could easily pay $10 over the cost of the existing P1 for a combination of a bit brighter and a bit better battery life. I'd pay less than the P1 for a P1D CREE; it's not what I want,

TJZ

Newly Enlightened
chevrofreak,
I would like this also for it is smaller than my Fenix P1D CE.
I would like just to have high, not all the other modes for a
modified Fenix P1.
The circuit would have to be increased to run the Cree LED at full, correct?
Also the reflector would have to be modified.
Can't you just change the resistor value on the circuit board output
going to the LED to increase the current?
I have done this with success before just to experiment on a led flashlight
I was going to throw out. I know that too much current will shorten the
LED life or blow it out.
Just a thought...

LightScene

Enlightened
I would also like a simple P1 with high only. It should be as bright as possible without getting hot using an RCR123!

Duluth Diesel

Newly Enlightened
Me too. I love my P1 but don't want to deal with the on-off mode switching on the P1D CE. Give me a high output P1 with the Cree. Simple like the P1, but more toasting power with the Cree.