Can we have a discussion on night vision?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigcozy

Enlightened
Maybe this belongs in another area or maybe we need to start one. Seems like a perfect fit with this forum.

I just purchased my first night vision and didn't have much info to draw on. I have a feeling I will continue to upgrade and wanted some input but didn't know where to go. Anybody want to chime in on this?

Tater Rocket

Enlightened
My grandpa bought a NV monocular from Sams for the farm. It isn't bad. If it is at home, I can do some tests if anybody wants. It is Gen1 (I'm sure since it was cheap) and isn't the highest quality. Unfortunatly, the picture is not the greatest. There is lots of snow/static in the center of the picture (RIGHT where you don't want it). Also, it cannot zoom in and out. When I get older, I want some Gen3 (VERY nice picture from what I hear) that can zoom in and out. Not for any particular reason, I just do.

What we do have is nice for seeing dear though. With a little bit of light out, it reflects off of their eyes GREAT and we can see them around 200 yards off. We lost the little illuminator though :( Anybody know a cheap source of IR LED's? Might make another. The illuminator worked out to about 50 feet. It put off a faint red glow that you could not see ANYWHERE except for looking at it. But with the NV, it turned that little glow into a very bright area light, but it didn't throw all that far.

Spudgunr

Status
Not open for further replies.