mag 2d led drop in options ,besides the one offered by maglite

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
i see that maglite themselves have a 3w but when i go to batteryjunction or led-replacements they have 3w too but they are only for 3d and up? why is that maglite has a 3w and others dont , the only option i see is a tle5 with adapter option....but would that be as bright or weaker than the stock incan that comes with a 2d mag

this would be a general simple light for the old man, he had a 3d generic flashlight thats pretty strong but i never see him use it prolly too big , he always uses this old crap plastic 2d 99 cent garbage ,id like to get him a metal 2d thats as bright if not brighter than stock mag2d with excellent runtime

CanadaBright

Newly Enlightened
I'd just go with the 2D MAGLED. Simple, Cheap, Durable, Great light.

For the price, it is definatly worth it.:twothumbs

In my truck I carry a 4C MAG, converted using a MAGLED upgrade kit and have received many comments on the light asking how I got such a bright light.

Take this with a grain of salt; I have NEVER saw a Surefire or other quality light around here:awman:

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
+1 on M*gled!!! I have a 2C with a M*gled that is WAY WAY better than ANY two cell alkaline light. It is better than most 3 cell alks as well. And with two D cells 28 hours is within reason!

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
whats brighter a tle5 in a 2d or maglite own 3w in 2d?

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
has anyone ever tried that... i see no reason why not except that when you go to batteryjunction in there 2d led upgrades they only put the tle5 and not the 5k2 in there as options

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
ok so i got an answer that a 5k2 wont work.....now the 2 i have narrowed it to is the db-1w-d" zetex driver rated 45 lumens and seems to have good reviews, but i also saw a luxeon db-k2 http://www.quality-items-flashlight...D-Bulb-Replacement-Maglite-C-D-White-LED.html

now i seen some negatives saying its not as bright but mainly those are 3d reviews ,it advertises well over 100 lumens but i figure in a 2d i wont see that so i wanna know which of the 2 is brightest the db-1w-d or k2 for 2d

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another module is in the works from TerraLUX. It's not a done deal yet but the goal is to basically build a TLE-6K2 with a boost circuit and regulation that can be used in 2 C/D lights and possibly in 3 C/D lights as well. Again, no production schedule yet but it's looking very likely.