Switching L1P and L2P head Question?

LiteSabre

Newly Enlightened
I have both the Fenix L1P and L2P. I have read previously that the LED heads could be switch between the two and I have done just that. I have the L1P head on the L2P 2xAA body and the L2P head on the 1xAA body.

I have noticed that the brightness increased dramatically using the L1P head on the 2xAA body. The L2P head on 1xAA body looks a bit under driven and dull.

My main concern is that if I leave the L1P head on the L2P body, will there be any detrimental effects on the L1P head?

Thanks for your input.

martonic

Enlightened
nikon said:
Do not use the L1P head on the L2P body. It will draw twice as much current as it's designed to handle and will have a very short life.

Second that. I burned one of those out very quickly that way.

Culhain

Enlightened
I run the L2P head on the one AA body using an e2 lithium cell and find that it is very, very close in output to running it with the two AA body.

The lithium battery makes all the difference with this combination.

LiteSabre

Newly Enlightened
That's too bad because I really like the tint and brightness of the 2xAA on the L1P head.

If anyone knows of any simple tricks to increase the brightness of the L1P or L2P, feel free to share.

Thanks,

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
LiteSabre said:
If anyone knows of any simple tricks to increase the brightness of the L1P or L2P, feel free to share.

Sell them both and buy one of the new L1D CE's or L1D CE Turbos when they become available.

Neither the L1P nor L2P are available anymore so you should be able to sell them pretty easily.