2007 SF L1 - Is there a pic of it online?

xm_8

Banned
2007 SF L1 - Is there a pic of it online? What's the scoop on this flashlight?

vizlor

Newly Enlightened
As far as I know, people weren't able to take many pictures, as the official spot show threads went by without any. However, I think it's going to be in the 2007 cataloge that's supposedly coming out soon.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've heard it's shorter, has 17 hours runtime on low, and 65 lumens on high. Thats what I've read from people who have been to shot.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not positive...just things I've read. I also think low is now like 10 lumens or something, instead of 1.1 lm.

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
10 lumens on low would be a bummer to me. The main thing I use my L1 for is the low level.

10/65 lumens would turn it into a sort of an L2 without the flood. What would fill the L1's niche then?

I still want one (it would be an extremely useful light), but it leaves a void for low level light.

Scott

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
beezaur said:
10 lumens on low would be a bummer to me. The main thing I use my L1 for is the low level.

Scott

I most wholeheartedly agree. Bring back the 1 lumen low and the 100+ hour runtimes.

hikari

Newly Enlightened
beezaur said:

10/65 lumens would turn it into a sort of an L2 without the flood. What would fill the L1's niche then?

I still want one (it would be an extremely useful light), but it leaves a void for low level light.

Scott

Send it to Milkyspit for modding. The ML1 is arguably (IMHO) the finest general use, EDC type light available right now. He can customize it to your liking too (LED selection, etc.)

MSI

Enlightened
beezaur said:

Scott

I find the current L1 low to be useless for anything except indoor use, so for me the new much higher low (which I will regard as a primary mode instead of a low mode) is very welcome. The old L1 did not have a primary+high mode so I ended up using the high mode all the time, which doesn't have a very good runtime (I eventually ended up using an E2L instead). When I need a low mode I prefer it to be very floody, so L1 was never my first choice for that. When making a two-stage light, having a low+high mode is the least desirable IMO, I much more prefer it to be primary+high or low+primary. A long running primary mode with a decent amount of light that works well for many different tasks is what I find most useful.

Btw, I find the A2 low better than the current L1 low.

I think that instead of the new L1, the new E1L or E2L with a McE2S two-stage switch will be more satisfying for you.

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
The McE2S two-stage switch is no longer in production. I wish it were. Good luck finding one. I have one on my E1L and it is really is nice. I also have the ML1.
The price of the switch and the light together cost me as much as Milky's ML1. I'd rather have the ML1.

xm_8

Banned
I have a L2 and it is too long for an edc. I have carry it at night but it takes up a lot of space in my jacket pocket.

SF did the right thing by shortening the length of the L1. For a 1 CR123 light it is a bit too long. 10 lumens on low is perfect and 17 hrs of runtime is excellent for useable light. You can see things clearly at 10 lumens. I don't understand why SF created 1.1 in the old L1. You can just carry a photon key chain light and it'll give you more than 1.1 lumen.

My concern is the beam. Is the new L1 still a TIR? Flood is more usefull than spot in the majority of daily use. I have an Inova X02 with TIROS spot beam but I prefer the flood beam of my L2.

stoven

Newly Enlightened
I have the 07 catalog sitting in front of me. It states it has improved performance: max output of 65 lumens( 1.5 hrs) and 10 lumens (16 hrs).

The light I'm interested in is the SF Titan. It runs on a CR2 battery with variable output with a max output of 30 lumens. The runtime states 50 hrs on the lowest setting.

cslinger

Enlightened
So how is the E1L putting out 30 lumens for 17 hours but the L1 is putting out 10 lumens for 16-17 hours? Seems like the 10 lumens should run a good solid 20-30 hours. I wonder if they are considering blasts of 65 lumens in between low use instead of just a runtime of low all the way through.

Chris

stoven

Newly Enlightened
Is the 2007 L1 supposed to look different? It looks exactly the same with no changes. The catalog just says they have improved it's performance.