My Firefli is dead...any advice for life warranty ??

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
My little Firefli is now dead...I changed the 4 ZA- Batteries.. but nothing :(

I saw on the cardboard that this flashlight have a life time warranty provided by Keygear corp...nice.....but....I can't find their web site www.keygearcorp.com :(

Did this company still working ? Anyone have an idea ?

Here is the firefly :

fireflioff.sized.jpg

moeman

Enlightened
did you try getting ahold of JSBurly?
he was selling them and may be able to tell you/lead you in the right direction...
hope nime doesnt die. :(

Illum

Flashaholic
sound stupid but...

tried anything other than replace the batteries? say...clean the contacts, bypass the tailcap, etc...:huh2:

TIP AND RING

Enlightened
I'm sorry Frenchy, but I think they are no more. I tried both the toll free number and local number for them. Both report as disconnected. The numbers came from Equipped to Survive website. ETS did a report on their products in 2003.

Edit to add ETS page. http://www.equipped.com/sources.htm#K

Last edited:

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Illum_the_nation said:
sound stupid but...

tried anything other than replace the batteries? say...clean the contacts, bypass the tailcap, etc...:huh2:

Funny "bypass the tailcap " ;) This light works with hearing Zinc-air batteries, so the tailcap is here for saving batteries life ;)

But yeah I tried some other thing than replaced the batteries...thank you !!

Hmmm bad new you have TIP AND RING :( Thank yu too !!

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
That company is no more, they never got back to me after emails and phone messages. I got a used Firefli on BST that developed a flickering issue, and Jon ended up sending me a new model in "damaged packing" (if only, it looked fine!). This was last year and I think it was a spare he had laying around, but I'd ask him if he has any others floating around.
If you can't get yours to work, PM me.

Last edited:
This is the reason to not take "lifetime warranty" for their face value from a company whom hasn't been around long enough.

What flashlight mfrs with lifetime warranty can you name who's been around for at least five years?

Surefire, Maglite, Streamlight...

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I doubt you will ever get service for it.
Lifetime warranty? They just do not last that long with flashlight companies.
Look at ARC for example. The arc LS and ARC 4 were sold with either lifetime or 25 year warranty. ARC is still here but no longer honors their own warranty. NOW that is fouled up!!
Good luck getting that thing working right. BTW surely there can't be that much to that little light. Have you dismantled it? I have found that sometimes that is all that is necessary. take it apart and put it back together.
Heck you never know.
yaesumofo

yaesumofo said:
Look at ARC for example. The arc LS and ARC 4 were sold with either lifetime or 25 year warranty. ARC is still here but no longer honors their own warranty. NOW that is fouled up!!
Good luck getting that thing working right. BTW surely there can't be that much to that little light. Have you dismantled it? I have found that sometimes that is all that is necessary. take it apart and put it back together.
Heck you never know.
yaesumofo

How did arc get out of warranty liability obligations?

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is a good question. I think it has something to do with a forgiving user-group here at CPF.
ARC in it's old self went out of business. Then resurfaced as the "NEW" arc. Everybody who bought into the Arc product was left out in the cold with little or no consideration.
I like my old arc LS flashlights. I like the ARC 4 less. Neither is supported by the company anymore. I don't really get it. Sorry to drift this thread off topic.
Yaesumofo

Handlobraesing said:
How did arc get out of warranty liability obligations?

cy

Flashaholic
That's not true!

New ARC is still honoring all warranties. naturally they cannot replace a light that's out of production and/or no parts. they are giving a generous store credit.

if a light's been opened up and modded, naturally warranty is void.

seems they are giving $160 credit for ARC4+. you can only get ARC AAA's to replace, but hopefully soon will be able to apply it towards a new ARC LS.

I know of no other instance, where a new company is honoring a defunct company's warranty. this is incredibly generous.

I agree... like ARC LSH-P much better than ARC4+. much better light!

yaesumofo said:

Last edited:
cy said:
That's not true!

New ARC is still honoring all warranties. naturally they cannot replace a light that's out of production and/or no parts. they are giving a generous store credit.

if a light's been opened up and modded, naturally warranty is void.

seems they are giving $160 credit for ARC4+. you can only get ARC AAA's to replace, but hopefully soon will be able to apply it towards a new ARC LS.

I know of no other instance, where a new company is honoring a defunct company's warranty. this is incredibly generous.

I agree... like ARC LSH-P much better than ARC4+. much better light!

That depends on if acquisition of name/brand includes acquisition of warranty liability too.

cy

Flashaholic
huh... what do you mean?

in plain language new ARC has been honoring all old ARC warranties.

if you have a dead ARC AAA regardless of when it was made. ARC will repair or replace it at no charge.

since they have no parts to support other models, they are giving store credit instead. can't wait for new ARC LS to hit the streets!

don't think, legally they have to do this. but obviously they are concerned with loyal old ARC customers. IMHO it's good business to support old customers. you retain loyal customers who will buy yet more ARC's.

due to low failure rates of ARC's in general (except for ARC4+) really don't think warranty is that big of an issue for ARC.

Handlobraesing said:
That depends on if acquisition of name/brand includes acquisition of warranty liability too.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Handlobraesing said:
This is the reason to not take "lifetime warranty" for their face value from a company whom hasn't been around long enough.

What flashlight mfrs with lifetime warranty can you name who's been around for at least five years?

Add HDS to that list...
thumbsup.gif

BTW, I've also heard that Arc will give $160 credit on dead Arc4's...sounds fair to me.

CFU

Raptor#

Newly Enlightened
Handlobraesing said:

Pelican [Unconditional Lifetime Guarantee] , Underwater Kinetcs (UK) [Limited lifetime warranty]

Edit: Forgot about Inova [Limited lifetime warranty]

Last edited:

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Hehe...thanks for your interest about Flashlights lifetime warranties.. maybe this topic need another special thread.. like "What is lifetime warranty ? "

Thank you for the offer Omega man, PM replied :)

I will try to clean the inside contact GreenLed, and I will let you know the result, thanks for this idea ;)

Maybe the led is broken, I don't think it could be other thing, because IMHO there are no electronics in this small light.

Is reverse polarity could destroy it ?