Has anyone living in Houston found a decent price on broadband?

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
For what type of broadband?? Where I live, here in Ohio, Sprint charges $70/month for an ISDN line, plus Bright.net charges $150/month for 150 hours of ISDN access.

However, since we are a Time Warner CATV customer, we get Roadrunner Cable ISP at (I think) $40/month. The Family trust pays the bill, so I am not sure. It is something like $10 more, if you don't have CATV service. More than dialup, but lots cheaper than the ISDN I mentioned.

BradN

Newly Enlightened
I've got Roadrunner and it rocks. I believe it's about $50 a month (my wife pays the bill and it's combined with the cable bill). I don't have many problems at all with it, even in bad weather.

hope this helps

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to have Roadrunner & really liked it. But between that & cable, it was costing me around $80-$90 per month. Then, after a year, my $20 discount ran out (for switching from Direct TV) & that put it past my "cost for value" threshold, so I'm back to dial-up for $10. TX

Skid

Newly Enlightened
RoadRunner is definitely the way to go. Luckily my work pays the bill. If you are in to gaming definitely go with rr over SWB DSL. I have had 2 friend with DSL and their ping times were awful. Even my Texas.net dial-up account would beat their ping times 90% of the time. Obviously DSL beat it on through put though.

Skid

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
while I know two people in Houston that have DSL and are happy with it, I prefer RR also.

HOWEVER, like yall, 50 bucks a month is too high. It's not that I can't afford it, but that 40 dollars more (I use Everyone's Internet for 10.83 per month) cuts into my flashlight buying money!