Jetbeam C-LE...

Mundele

Newly Enlightened
Tomorrow's the release date for the Jetbeam C-LE AA light. I sure hope that whoever gets one of these first does a quick review... I'm anxious to see how they perform. Can't wait til mine from the group buy gets here...

--Matt

InfidelCastro

Banned
Mundele said:
Tomorrow's the release date for the Jetbeam C-LE AA light. I sure hope that whoever gets one of these first does a quick review... I'm anxious to see how they perform. Can't wait til mine from the group buy gets here...

--Matt

I thought people who did the group buy had theirs in hand already?

Wrangler

Enlightened
Unpatiently awaiting any experienced comment!!!

As I could resist buying a Fenix P1 D CE, I`d happily get me a Jetbeam C-LE. But only when it`s performance is superior (in overall output and throw) to the MK1.

InfidelCastro

Banned
I'm still patient enough to wait for a 2AA version with a clicky. Though my patience is starting to run out. Cree's have been out for a long time now! And I've never seen one in person yet! :(

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Define "better".
smile.gif

Probably better to wait until JETbeam release the JET-1 CL-E to do comparisons with the new Fenix L1D-CE.

CFU

Last edited:

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
sucker said:
Which one is better, Jetbeam C-LE or Fenix L1D CE ?

At $26 shipped (from the GB I was lucky to get in on) this seemed like the cheapest and nicest way to get to play with a Cree while the whole market goes under refinement. Pretty much a no-brainer. This is not to say that I won't eagerly be awaiting the release of both the L1D CE and the MK IIx. As for which is better, obviously, its a matter of opinion, especially if you are factoring price (which is unknown as of yet for the Fenix).

The Fenix has a clicky, which most people consider a plus since it's easier to switch modes with it. However, consider the flip side- it makes the light longer, adds another moving part that could fail, and (something you might not have thought of) makes a fairly loud "click" noise- there I times when I prefer my lights silent.

One thing that most people agree will be better about the Fenix is that uses current regulation to achieve it's brightness levels while the Jet uses PWM- you may be able to see a bit of strobing on lower levels with the Jet, especially if it's being moved around. Still the Jet will likely have a nicer Type III finish, and is virtually guaranteed to be significantly cheaper which will leave you with more cash for the next great light that is sure to come out just down the road ;). As stated, above the MK IIx will be a clickied Cree based AA JetBeam light and could give the L1D CE a nice run for its money.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
At $26 shipped (from the GB I was lucky to get in on) this seemed like the cheapest and nicest way to get to play with a Cree while the whole market goes under refinement.

Me too! we should have them in our grubby little flashaholic paws within a week or so.
buttrock.gif

CFU

josean

Newly Enlightened
InfidelCastro said:
I'm still patient enough to wait for a 2AA version with a clicky. :(

I am also very interested in the 2AA version of this light.

kwando

Newly Enlightened
initally i bought one, but today i went online and bought another one... i also emailed emilion and he has not responded yet... i hope my lights go out today

OCEANBEAMER

Newly Enlightened
Yep I looked a few minutes ago and the cree was listed,went to get my info for purchase and poof it was gone?? emailed the workbench for info but no reply as of this time..I had seen a post fron another cpf member that the release date had been pushed back...bummer I was itching to get my hands on this little baby!:xyxgun:

javafool

Enlightened
Emilion just posted in his own thread. The flashlights are currently being packaged in new, more protective, packaging.

myk

Enlightened
Casual Flashlight User said:
Me too! we should have them in our grubby little flashaholic paws within a week or so.
buttrock.gif

CFU

If you're in the GB you're going to be waiting a little longer than that - first they have to get shipped to your group buy organizers. I know one was in Singapore, not sure the other - then they need to be packaged and sent out the GB participants, and mailed again. Good luck though =)