My Name is <insert your name here> and I'm addicted to Lights...

Budman231

Enlightened
I was walking around the house today and passed by each of our 4 bedrooms. In my sons room he has 5 LED lights, the hallway has 3 home made 5mm led lights, my daughers room has a bunch of homemade protoypes and a new $5 cheapee LED light I bought last week. My bedrooom has 10 homemade lights of various types, my L1P and my Safelite. Looking in my bag, I have a RED LED tail light and a 2x2 luxeon I home made flasher I made for running. My kitchen has 2 LED lights from Cabelas and a 49 LED showerhead light I got from EBAY. My office is stuffed with resistors, capacitors, transistors and LEDs of various types including LUX 1's and III's. I gave all my neighbors homemade LEDs lights just for the heck of it. They usually ask "what the hell is it?" until I light it up with a mouser switch thats placed on the circuit board.
I sat down and said to myself this is insane. I must have 50+ LED lights in my home and cars. And I'm sitting here in anticipation of the L1D thats about to be released. Not to mention I just bought a Black Diamond Lux I head light for $50 that is beautiful but realistically I did not need. Had a gift card...

What is wrong with me...?

I THINK I NEED HELP...

Last edited:

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am not addicted to lights. I am afraid of the dark, thats all.

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
Northern Lights said:

I'm not afraid of the dark, I just like to be able to see what's in the dark.

redskins38

Newly Enlightened
The first step in solving a problem is admitting that you have a pro...I dont have a problem i have healthy intrest in light emitting tools:grin2:

carrot

Flashaholic
My name is carrot, and I'm addicted to lights... I've got over a thousand dollars in Surefires alone.

vinsanity286

Newly Enlightened
My name is vinny and I am addicted to lights. Thanks to this forum! Damnnit, I have a hard enought time explaining to friends my fascination with rc cars..lol.

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
carrot said:
My name is carrot, and I'm addicted to lights... I've got over a thousand dollars in Surefires alone.
Is that all, carrot? You don't have a problem yet. Give it some more time.:lolsign:

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
My name is Paul, and my first experience with thermal management was a failed attempt to use a 150W light bulb in my LightBright.

glockboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the dark so I can play with my lights. :grin2:

Northern Lights said:

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
My name is Carbine15 and I'm an admirer of all self contained illumination devices. I am especially fond of lights that exhibit unique properties that reflect amazing innovations and clever solutions. Cheap copies are fun to play with too. I like to drive my remote control car at night with flashlights strapped to it.:rock:

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Northern Lights said:
Actually I assigned myself to Mids Jan.1, not for the lights, for the money, but this is the first time in 33 years I actually find Mids tolerable because I have access to CPF and I got lights. I prefer to sleep at night. I come into work and hand out lights to my crew! They think any hot wire is awesome.
I feel like a pusher, I will get them hooked, soon someone will say:
My Name is <"HE MADE ME DO IT.."> and I'm addicted to Lights...

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flashaholism is not an addiction, it's a "lifestyle choice"...
smile.gif

CFU

jnj1033

Newly Enlightened
vinsanity286 said:
Damnnit, I have a hard enough time explaining to friends my fascination with RC cars..lol.

I think RC cars are easier to explain. My wife and I got a couple of Xmods for Christmas, and we were up til 2am playing bumper cars on our linoleum kitchen floor.

She humors my fascination with flashlights, but does not participate.

solaris

Newly Enlightened
Hi my name is solaris, i'm addicted to lights.

I realized I had a problem when I went to get my fashlight and stood there for a few minutes trying to decide *which one* to use.

ScooterBug

Enlightened
i am trying to CHANGE my addiction. 1st it was firearms, i NEED a bigger safe. now it's these LIGHTS!!! when will it stop, help me, please.:grin2:

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
Denying that one got a problem, is a sign that you got a problem...

Hi! My name is Johan and I´m not a flashaholic...*-)

I must say, since I became a member here my interest and problem just growed bigger...
That goes for the knife forums too....

Are there any call buddys to call when you feel the urge to buy a new light??

Latest posts