PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
cool video!

For those of you old enough, it reminded me of this old TV show :grin2:

news17271rl1.jpg

Pablo

grnamin

Enlightened
Thank you, all. Pablo, I remember that show. :)

65535 said:
What about digging into the driver? And the Hall effect sensor.

To get at the driver and hall sensor...
1) Open head (see video) :)
2) Lift up on heatsink with a plastic knife to expose the driver board:
standard.jpg

3) There are two Phillips screws that secure the driver board and hall effect sensor in place. Remove the two screws.

4) Push the driver board out from the positive spring contact end. Take note of the driver board position so that you can put it back in the same position.

batman

Enlightened
what is the point of taking apart a perfectly good & Very expensive flashlight in a manner that voids the warranty?

Flashlight Enthusiast
That would be tricky I wonder is anyone has attempted to make a regulator with a Hall sensor for the U2 or some ultra tiny driver that takes the regulators output and drops it to cree range. At 6 votls that cree may insta flash.

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
You make it look like you've done that a couple times before... :)

Do you boil, bake, or blow-torch the thing before you start, to help loosen up the loc-tite?

Does the selector ring or c-clip take any damage when it is removed that way? It seems like it must get forced past its stop to get removed.

grnamin

Enlightened
Ty_Bower said:
You make it look like you've done that a couple times before... :)

Do you boil, bake, or blow-torch the thing before you start, to help loosen up the loc-tite?

Does the selector ring or c-clip take any damage when it is removed that way? It seems like it must get forced past its stop to get removed.

I use a heat gun of the bezel pieces won't budge, but I don't like doing that because I've bubbled two reflectors due to excessive heat. :(

The selector ring jumps on top of the stop. Sometimes it loses a little bit of plastic, but not enough to affect its performance. The c-clip doesn't sustain any damage.

PEU said:
Does it use a microchip uC ? (thinking about reprogramming :devil: )

Pablo

Hopefully Glockboy will chime in as to what the driver board looks like. :)

greenLED

Flashaholic
65535 said:
That would be tricky I wonder is anyone has attempted to make a regulator with a Hall sensor for the U2 or some ultra tiny driver that takes the regulators output and drops it to cree range. At 6 votls that cree may insta flash.
That's why there's a circuit in there, 65-, so the LED doens't get hit by 6V.

batman said:
what is the point of taking apart a perfectly good & Very expensive flashlight in a manner that voids the warranty?
Sounds like you think that's a bad thing? :thinking: Nothing will stop a determined modder from peering inside any light (or other objects, for that matter) that fall into their hands. I call that curiosity, and it's a good trait to exercise - it's a great way to learn how things work, and I encourage everybody to do that and share.

Keep'em coming, grnamin! :goodjob: