cpf members in germany

lessing

Newly Enlightened
Ok, today is my off topic day. I collect coins, mostly american from 1900-current, but I also collect specific German coins. Lessing is my family name and I am related to gothold lessing. I have the family history back to about 1600 in a very nice set because many of my relatives were court appointed artists or royal guards and mercenaries. (the line between genius artist and sadistic killer has always been very thin.)

Any way, we have quite a few statues and other pieces from family members, but it is quite hard for us to get ahold of Lessing coins. The most recent 85 or 89 proof is easy, but the older coins from the 20's in 3 5 and 20 mark are hard to get in the US. I speak a little german, barely enough to actually say I do, and do not read at all making it hard to deal with dealers in Germany.

Are ther any cpf members that collect coins in germany that might be able to help me out in purchasing some of these coins.

My company deals a lot with Camco, a German truss company, and although they were very helpfull in getting things shipped and paid, I can not ask them to actually go look for the coins. I usually use them so I can pay them in US dollars and the pay the dealler, I have found the deallers do not like to handle money conversion or shipments out of EU, let alone Germany.

Thanks

Brian

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brian,

I´m not collecting coins - but if nobody else shows up I can try to help out - but you need to tell me exactly what you need - as I wrote I´m not in any way a coin collector.

Klaus

Seth

Newly Enlightened
Hi lessing,

you mean coins like this one?
3 Marks from 1929

I guess the easiest way would be to notice me or Klaus if you see an auction that interests you.

Money, s/h and such shouldn´t be a problem, but I have to admit 50EUR = $50 would be a little bit above my "available" money... so it would be nice if someone with deeper pockets could jump in
smile.gif

Seth

lessing

Newly Enlightened
Thank you both. Ebay is a good spot, but there is a dealer in dooseldorf that has pieces that are a bit more reliable in grading. If I could send you the money and have your order them, that would end up being the most reliable. I am not sure about germany, but ebay coin dealers in the us have a good eye for over emphasising the qualty of their stuff, and using one good picture for several auctions of more shabby coins.

Thank you. I will email you privately to see if we can work this out.

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brian,

I have a coin dealer in town - but he´s not on the net AFAIK for you to check him out - Duesseldorf is to far away to drive by easily but by post no problem - might even check with my aunt as my coin/stamp-collecting uncle (passed away) might have had something of interest for you - (Lessing coins?) - I would agree with avoiding Ebay in this setup as I wouldn´t be able to properly judge what comes in and with the delay til you get things it might/would be too late to cry "foul" towards Eboy if something is off.

Agree on better going email/PM for follow-ups

Klaus