Is DealExtreme Getting "Cree-d Up"?

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received a nice e-mail from Kyle at http://www.dealextreme.com/ that he's looking around for some Cree-based flashlights. He kindly offered to let me know if he has any success, and he thinks it might even be within a few days. :)

I'm hoping he does, and I'll post here if I get any news.

Last edited:

mhubble

Enlightened
It looks like Im going to spend a record amount of money on flashlights in 2007.

It never ends, everyweek something new comes out Ive got to try. Ive got 6 different orders coming to me now all flashlights or flashlight related.

And now the SHOT SHOW is over we will soon be covered up in new stuff showing up in here.

Maybe I should start looking for a second job!!!!!!!!!!!

BMRSEB

Enlightened
mhubble said:
It looks like Im going to spend a record amount of money on flashlights in 2007.

It never ends, everyweek something new comes out Ive got to try. Ive got 6 different orders coming to me now all flashlights or flashlight related.

And now the SHOT SHOW is over we will soon be covered up in new stuff showing up in here.

Maybe I should start looking for a second job!!!!!!!!!!!
I know.. I just joined this forum less than a month ago and already picked up 3 flashilghts and have 2 on order!! Not to mention today, I went to the local Advance Auto to dispose of some motor oil in preparation for my oil change, and there was a HomeDepot in the area.

I went in there and ended up picking up a 4D MagLED!! Yes, I know there are brighter (MagLite) options (K2 drop-ins, Mag85, etc.), but I wanted a plain and simple (warrantied) MagLite and an LED one.. Oh well.. :)

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just traded e-mails with Kai, who was the other partner at FifthUnit, and now has his own new site: http://www.kaidomain.com/

He likewise expressed interest in getting his hands on some Cree lights, and kindly promised to keep me posted. I also furnished him the info. re: rexlight.com.

Kyle and Kyle are two nice guys and longtime friends, who I suppose are now in friendly competition. I always had great dealings with both of them at FifthUnit, and I wish them both the best. I suspect that if they continue to get nice lights at great prices, and follow up with their previous excellent C/S, we can keep them both busy.

LowTEC

Enlightened
Fifth never reply any of my emails :mad:
Filed a paypal dispute and still have to response, I do not recommend to purchase anything from them

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
LowTEC said:
Fifth never reply any of my emails :mad:
Filed a paypal dispute and still have to response, I do not recommend to purchase anything from them

I'm sorry you are having that problem with them. If you haven't already, you might try contacting them at their new e-mail addresses:

Kyle Chen : [email protected]

Kai Lam: [email protected]

Good luck, and let us know how it comes out.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
According to the DealExtreme website as of last night [Sunday night], one reason for the name change is that Kyle and Kai have gone separate ways business wise. Kyle is at DealExtreme, I don't know where Kai is working. I sent an email to Kyle last night and got a responce today.

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is quite bad news for me. The problem with DealExtreme is that the goods they sell are so cheap that I end up buying tons of items, and spending way more money than I should. Cheap turnkey Cree lights will really start to drain my wallet :D

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
aaaahhhh, but that is what makes buying at www.dealextreme.com so fun!!! Good products at a low price..Oh Yeah!!!!! Plus with the Rexlight coming my wallet will also be empty :lolsign:
2xTrinity said:
This is quite bad news for me. The problem with DealExtreme is that the goods they sell are so cheap that I end up buying tons of items, and spending way more money than I should. Cheap turnkey Cree lights will really start to drain my wallet :D

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kyle at DealExtreme is now evaluating a 1xCR123A Cree light, in stainless steel. The info. I have is very sketchy, although I know it's a twistie. Apparently it is a pre-production sample, but I got the impression it's about to have a production run. Don't know yet what the specs will be.

Here's a couple of photos, although it's hard to tell much from them:

Last edited:

x2x3x2

Banned
Looks like the Ultrafire clone of the Fenix P1D posted in another thread.

It's already on sale on Yahoo Auctions Japan, available here:
http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/97818745

edwin_hohkjp-img600x450-1168689217aaa.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts