What SHOT Show lights have you excited so far?

Spordin

Enlightened
My needs are still pretty much for outdoor/small/long-runtime lights, so the one I'm interested in checking out is the Pentagon 1xAA anglehead mentioned in the SHOT thread. Looks like it could make a pretty decent camping/bug out bag light.

As for the more "exotic" stuff, when I get around to buying them, the new Novatac sounds really interesting. The Titan is also uber cool, but at a steep price :broke: I'll probably be checking out the Fenix L0D-CE & L1D-CE before I get around to laying that kind of money down on a light.

How 'bout you?

Spordin

Enlightened
Oh, yeah, I'm also wondering what kind of headlamp innovations we'll be seeing. Sure would be nice to find a good one-cell headlamp.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
The HDS 'U120'.

Do we have a "slobering all over the keyboard" smilley?
thinking.gif

CFU

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me, all of the lights are exciting (especially since I've yet to play with a Cree or other next-gen LED yet- I've got a JetBeam C-LE on the way though). However, price will inevitably be a sticking point. The technology behind these lights is in such a state of flux and rapid expansion that it's tough to justify dropping over hundred bucks on a light just to have it be trounced in terms of efficiency and features a few months later.

While the Titan certainly has my attention, the price ($500!!) makes it a no go. HDS always offered a whole lot of engineering and quality for the money, so provided Novatac follows suit, with improved UI (and the really low "low"s lacking in the Chinese offerings), I might be persuaded to invest in what is sure to be an intermediary platau in the portable lighting evolution.

Spordin

Enlightened
The technology behind these lights is in such a state of flux and rapid expansion that it's tough to justify dropping over hundred bucks on a light just to have it be trounced in terms of efficiency and features a few months later.

I hear ya. I just bought another Gerber I.U. and another Fenix EO for emergency/power outage use. They may be passé, but they're cheap, reliable, and long running. I'll be waiting a bit for things to settle down before I spend more than $50 on a new light. But I'm definitely excited about all the cool lights headed our way :naughty:

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Considering we only got a sniff of Surefire and Novatach, I am not excited at this point. The titan is a great light and had better be for $500 :green:

I am waiting for a current regulated Cree single AAA light with multiple levels and a "low-low". The L1D CE looks interesting and so does the upcoming Jetbeam MK IIx (Cree and other things to be announced)

2007 is the year of AAA/AA lights for me and a FF3 Cree upgrade. Still waiting :popcorn:

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
So far I haven't seen anything to get excited about, but its been hard to get a good sense of whats out there. The small SF Crees don't do it for me, as they aren't any brighter than current models (I'm not really much of a runtime person). Titan? I'm just not into small run, collector lights, esp at that price. Still holding out for something good from HDS/Novatac. After getting my hands on truly exciting lights like the Fenix pocket rockets, the X990 and The Torch, its hard to get energized about the new offerings. So right now I'm wanting to know more about the Novatacs.

cheers

x2x3x2

Banned
So far definitely the Titan too.
I bet they will make more out of regular material once the 1000 run of Ti runs out, it seems to good a light to limit it's experience to only 1000 people ;)

frannek

Newly Enlightened
I am most interested in the L1 and possibly the Titan. I have held off from buying the U2 but will definitely have to get one when they start shipping with the Cree.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
:touche: A little early to say I guess but the new L1-KL1 sound pretty good. Hopefully we'll
have some pictures soon. I'm pretty happy with my HDS light's as they are but I
hope NovaTac will make some more bodies and part's for them. Unscrew the LE and
exchange for Cree would be nice. Titan but not at $500. I think it'll be a fun year! I
know it would be a little heavy but a Titan SS, i've alway's liked SS light's.:popcorn:

lukus

Enlightened
Right now, the E1L or the L1 have my interest. I like the 30 lumens of the E1L, but wish it had the two stage switch with a low of 4 or 5 lumens. The L1 has been bumped up to 65 on high which is a little much for what I prefer for most lighting.

The Titan also has me jazzed with the infinite twisty. Maybe I missed it, but what battery does it use, it looks like overall size it could only carry a AAA? I would have to wait for the regular production in aluminum for that one though. My wife already freaks over the price of a few of my lights.

phypaa

Newly Enlightened
New L1? A 2007 version? I love my L1 very much! The Milky L1 and the new version L1:lolsign:

MSI

Enlightened
powernoodle said:
The small SF Crees don't do it for me, as they aren't any brighter than current models (I'm not really much of a runtime person).

Old L1 is 1.1/22 lumens, new L1 is 10/65 lumens. I would say that is a lot brighter :)
The new L1 is the one light I'm most eager to get my hands on.