Delivery time...UK people?

kev1-1

Enlightened
I have an M3 on order, via air mail from the U.S, and its been almost two weeks now. I spoke to Royal Mail and they said that this was an unusually long wait for air mail!!!
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

What is the experience of other UK members...is my wait longer than average, should I start (MORE LIKE CONTINUE!!) to worry? Thanks!

Ross

Enlightened
Hi Kev,
I got a Tigerlight from a US member of this board who sent it via Air Mail and it arrived in 8 days. I would start to chase it up if I were you!

Ross

kev1-1

Enlightened
Cheers Ross! I have started trying to locate the package...it is insured though, so hopefully they treat insured packages in a safer manor than others, and it is just slow in coming!!! I'd hate to think some one has pinched it!!
mad.gif

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Kev,

Packages sent via USPS normally take 7-10 days.

I've used Fed-Ex once (for an Arc order) and thet took 5 days.

kev1-1

Enlightened
Well not counting Sundays it is 10 days today (12 including Sundays), so maybe tomorrow....

kev1-1

Enlightened
HORRAY!!!!!!! I have an M3...WOW! The delay was customs (they held it for a week!), I had to pay $60!!
mad.gif
I have an M3 though
grin.gif

dirobesh

Enlightened
Glad it got here
smile.gif
smile.gif
. Where did you get it from, I fancy one myself.
How do customs work out how much to charge? Am I right in thinking it's vat + about £5? I haven't been stung by customs yet, but it's bound to happen sooner or later.

dirobesh

Enlightened
dirobesh,customs charge duty,then put V.A.T. on top of that.
I had to pay about £60 to get my Z3.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">.
bu**er me!! That seems a bit steep.
icon8.gif

kev1-1

Enlightened
Well I was charged £7.62 duty, £24.73 VAT & £7.75 clearance fee what ever the hell that is!! Total £40.10
shocked.gif
frown.gif
rolleyes.gif

I got the light from Chris at www.meridiantactical.com...he is top quality to deal with :)
icon14.gif
I had insurance so thats probably why I got caught!!!

Chris T

Newly Enlightened
FWIW my parents have sent me two packages from the UK to the US in the past few weeks. The first one took a month. The second took about 2 1/2 weeks.

Chris

Size15's

Flashaholic
I've paid out loads in Her Majesty's Customs charges over the last few years... A TigerLight will cost me £39 on Friday.

We gotta live with it I guess.

dirobesh

Enlightened
A00079 - where are you getting the tigerlight from? I thought it was mentioned on a previous thread that they weren't allowed to be shipped over here.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by dirobesh:
A00079 - where are you getting the tigerlight from? I thought it was mentioned on a previous thread that they weren't allowed to be shipped over here.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">There are two versions, one with pepper spray and a smaller one without (known as the FBOP)

Chris T

Newly Enlightened
Originally posted by dirobesh:
Hmmmm, that's an idea - wonder if I could persuade my folks to move to the US.
wink.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I've tried to get my cousin to move here so he can find a good job but its a tough sell.

Oh well. Send them for a visit. The pound is doing very well compared to the dollar.

Chris