• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Lumapower stainless bezel

kooter

Enlightened
Any interest in a lumapower D mini crenelated bezel. Bit like the E1E bezel in my other thread? Will get one made up by the end of the week if theres some interest. Ill do one anyway for mine. :laughing:

kooter

Enlightened
Suggestions welcome LED Zeppelin.

Can be ally or stainless, obviously stainless is heavier. Gonna come in at around 40 dollars again to start with.

Design open to discussion.

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
My suggestions are: SS, light as possible, pocket friendly, maintain proper sealing. How about some holes drilled in the crenelations that can be filled with glow epoxy?

kooter

Enlightened
How big do you want the holes?? How big do you want the crenelations?? How many ?? Have a look at the E1E bezel thread, is this the style you want. Anything is possible. I want it to appeal to as many as possible, so holes for the glow stuff can be drilled in some not others.

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kooter, on second thought I'd rather see something very low profile that didn't protrude from the lens very much. Maybe half or less than the E1E bezel you made.

The six scallop is nice, perhaps a bigger diameter mill for the crenelations.

With the low profile, the holes would probably not work.

But these are just my thoughts, build them the way you see fit.

My use would not be for striking anything, but more to protect the lens/head from drops, and a personalized touch.

Hooligan

Newly Enlightened
I am interested, but I would want something more subdued than your other design, the main reason being that I don't want to get jabbed by the thing when I am carrying it around. The likelihood of me actually striking someone with a flashlight is VERY low, considering what else I usually carry with me. I would want it more for a personalized touch like LED Zeppelin said.

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thinking something with the lines of a McGizmo or Yaesumofo bezel, shown here:
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=131052&highlight=yaesumofo+bezel

Low profile for light weight and non-interference with the beam. You could add a chamfer to the inside so it allowed a wider beam.

Scallops could be larger dia. and fewer, but it's hard to picture until you build a proto.

Titanium would be awesome, but SS is fine as well.

kooter

Enlightened
Heres a few pics of what i have come up with.
DSC00407.jpg

DSC00406.jpg

DSC00410.jpg

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received my bezel, thank Paul.
Great work, perfect threading.
It has to be the stongest bezel I've ever owned. It will certainly outlast the rest of the light. :goodjob:

luminata

Enlightened
yeah!!! I would be interested Howcan you pass up an opportunity to customize a flash light?