SF Bay Area Members...

xtan1x

Newly Enlightened
Hello all,

I am writing this post to ask for some help from some of you bay area flasaholics. I need to find a job, any job. The job market as you know is in the craphole and I can't find anything. If any of you guys know of any entry level openings where you work, or anywhere, please let me know. At this point I am basically willing to do almost anything, and willing to commute for even an entry level job. I can only work weekends or evenings since I go to school by day. Please help out a member who needs a job.

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know, this is really one of the ways... I'll help you upz this post every so and then.

Darell

Flashaholic
We could use some help in our bustling "Dad" department. You up for it? I was entry-level myself just two short years ago, and now I'm a middle manager. The good news is that I can set your starting salary at about 90% of what I'm making currently.

So, if you don't mind the commute to Davis, please drive on up, and bring my check for -10%. You can start tomorrow!

(Sorry. Not trying to be mean - just giving you a creative bump
smile.gif
)

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Well "networking" certainly can help and it NEVER hurts to ask and/or given the opportunity...sell yourself!

xtan1x

Newly Enlightened
darell: -10% eh, so you want me to send you a bill?
smile.gif

Sigman: I've asked plenty, but can't get anything.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Well you've got a good attitude about willing to do anything & start at entry level. Need to think of a "unique" way of advertising perhaps? It's tough, especially being a student as you have to devote those "priority" hours to your schooling...then there's the after hours study...

I've never been to the SF area, but it's pretty large in area eh? What are your areas of interest, what do you think you would be happy doing? Do you like dealing with people or would you rather have tasks that don't involve them? College or high school? Sometimes "branching" out into other fields are great, getting as much variety & experience never hurts later on...

xtan1x

Newly Enlightened
Sigman: At this point I will do anything, well almost. But I seriously would clean the toilets at your company, if thats what it comes down to. I am a high school senior, 18, and have my own car (for now at least). All the fast food places around my area are now staffed with adults working full time, so I don't really have a chance there. I would be happy doing anything that pays minimum wage. I will work with people, monkeys, dogs, cats, zebras, or anything.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Originally posted by xtan1x:
I will work with people, monkeys, dogs, cats, zebras, or anything.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I think the people I work for would make working with monkeys more enjoyable, and some of them are just "dogs" anyways! Still, I am thankful to be working in today's workforce! Got to pay the bills and feed the babies!

It's a long drive to clean toilets here in Anchorage from SF!

Monsters_Inc

Banned
Don't be afraid to approach so called "adult" stores. Not to sell your body, but as their behind the counter person. Not many people are willing to approach & ask, and if advertised the place of work/name of store may put off the moral majority, and hence they might have positions available.