For those in the path of the storm - Be your brothers keeper

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
In storms such as this there are often tragic cases that could have been avoided had someone just taken a few minutes and checked in on another person. People will make stupid mistakes, run generators inside or in enclosuers attached to the house where fumes can get inside, cook with charcoal inside, or many others.

Elderly sometimes do not want to be a "bother to others" and will often sit in conditions they cannot survive because they do not want to call for help, or are fearful of looking foolish.

Take a few minutes, and perhaps, be your brothers keeper.

Last winter in the midst of an ice and heavy blizzard I spent an hour at 2Am driving around and informing people of a brownout, so that they could shut down power so as not to wreck motors, and to make sure people were not stuck outside. Why? Because I could, I am blessed with health and strength, and I have a big 4 wheel drive that can get through most anything. It did not take but an hour of my life to do. I even passed out a number of cheap flashlights (I keep a number in the truck for such purposes) that were needed.

Just take a minute and see if there is someone you might help... it comes back to you many times over.

cyberhobo

Enlightened
I remember the guy that always grilled chicken with green pressure treated lumber scraps. He never wanted any advice that pressure treated wood is no good for grilling. Thankfully, nobody else ate from his grill affair. Today, he's a 300 pound medicated ****oo clock.

icecube

Newly Enlightened
Not a bad point Mister—

The older folks have a duty to instill their (good) knowledge and experience to the young people. After all, when you're 65+ and too old to do the young stuff anymore, what else are you going to do?

(Besides shooting guns, playing with flashlights, etc etc)

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
All themore reason to keep non parishable foods around and some pocket hand warmers if not a jon e heater and a few cans of fuel, a car full of gas/diesel. I just filled up, assed some anti gel addative and bought some non parishable food, protein drinks, water and gonorolla bars.