first LED light!

cotter

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, i started researching for a new light today and i just have to ask for your opinion because you all seem very knowledgable about lights. When i was younger... im talkin maybe 7 years ago i loved collecting flashlights and now i wanna possibly start back up. I really would like a nice spotligh luxeon. I hear talk about Cree, and i dont know what that is. I would really like opinions and thoughts. i kind of like the palm blaze for its price. I dont really want a tiny light but if its nice qual ill think about it.
basically i just want a very bright light and focused beam.
not sure what batteries to use...
i wanna start reading about how to "mod" lights n such.
thanks guys

Norm

Retired Administrator
Welcome to CPF Cotter. Can't help you with the palm blaze, I don't have one.
Norm

cotter

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Norm. What lights could you help me with? Anything that youre absolutely in love with?
i dont think i want to spend over $70

cotter

Newly Enlightened
ugghhh, i really dont know if i want a light that small. but it sure seems like many people love it. Ok so i know what Cree is now and i know its a must have. what do you think of the m1 compared to the d-mini? i do like the light being a bit larger, but is it worth the extra 20? thanks

oh and is it worth it to get the OP reflector?

Last edited:

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, the D-Mini uses a Cree (the XR-E, of course), it has big output, and has very focused throw, for under $60. If you're considering the M1, look around at www.jsburlysflashlights.com and check out the HuntLight FT-01XSE Cree P4. It has five brightness levels, plus SOS and a strobe. It's $90 ($100 when I got it), but I think it's worth it - I bought an extra Mod-U-Lok for it (that's $30 shipped) so that it can ride on my belt with my Gladius+FM34.

An OP reflector will make a prettier beam but decrease throw. It's your choice.

LowTEC

Enlightened
my vote will be D-mini, just right for a pocket carry, body length is perfect as a hand held

cotter

Newly Enlightened
can anyone tell me how to place an order @ lumapower.com?
does the D-mini have the best throw for the price?

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if it's actually the best-throwing light available for the price, but if it isn't, it's extremely close! :) Most competitors would likely be much larger than the D-Mini. It also has great design, fit and finish.

To order from Lumapower, PayPal them $58.95 to sales<at>lumapower.com, and mention your CPF handle in the body of the payment message. You can also post in the above-linked thread to tell them who you are and what you ordered. If you have questions about the process, talk to them - they have really excellent CS.

cotter

Newly Enlightened
thank you, tigerhawkt3! i just sent them the money through paypal and i am hoping for the order soon! good lookin bro, and i hope to get back in the game of handling lights.... its been years and im interested in modidng sooooon! thankns man, talk to you soon!

Focal

Newly Enlightened
Thumbs up on the D-Mini purchase. :thumbsup:

Be sure to check out the orange peel reflector to go with it... only a few buck extra. :grin2:

LowTEC

Enlightened
Make sure you have enough RCR123A from AW too, ever since I've got my silver D-mini, I couldn't resist shooting the beam up the sky everynight :lolsign:

good luck and have fun

cotter

Newly Enlightened
LowTEC said:
Make sure you have enough RCR123A from AW too, ever since I've got my silver D-mini, I couldn't resist shooting the beam up the sky everynight :lolsign:

good luck and have fun

AW??? whats AW? and yes, i cannot wait to recieve my d-mini!
i have a green laser from www.bigha.com and i love pointing that into the sky at night, but that can be trouble... hehe...

thanks