I'm getting married!!

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
3 years, 2 months and 5 days after I asked my girlfriend to marry me, we've finally set a date! :clap: 21 june 2007 it is going to happen, at noon...

I'm completely speechless that it's finally going to happen, so I have nothing more to say right now. I just had to tell someone!

:twothumbs :party: :rock: :grin2: :laughing: :)

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
justmyluck said:
Talk about patience!

Not really... more like lack of funds... :laughing:

We had some bad luck over the past few years. We were forced to move because our home had to make way for some new real estate project. After that our home appliances started dying 1 by 1 so we had to buy a new washing machine, a new microwave and now our TV is dying, but atleast we've got a backup in the bedroom :)

Anyway, we decided not to go on holiday this year, but spend the money on our wedding. I want to get married now first, as my grandparents are still alive, and I want them as my witnesses. And it would mean so much to them to be part of at least 1 of their grandchildrens wedding... But their health is going downhill quickly :( so getting married went to the top of my priority list...

Thanks for all the congrats :)

Rob187

Enlightened
Good on you MayCooper. I lasted nearly 6 years before I 'popped the question'.

All the best for your future together.

GRoLED

Newly Enlightened
Congratulations MayCooper, you're getting married on the same date as me, although I'm a couple of hours behind you.

I didn't wait that long, the other half wouldn't have it!

Congratulations again
grinser2.gif

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
An excellent excuse to got to Fenix-Store and order up some lights with both your names and the date engraved on them.

Best wishes.

Mad1

Enlightened
Congrats. :)

A piece of advice, buy all the lights you can now before you tie the knot. :D

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cheers, MayCooper and GRoLED, may marriage increase your fortunes. After 25 years of marriage I'm "poor" (NO it's NOT the flashlights!) but I'm very fortunate. I hope you have happy families. :)

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jay R said:
An excellent excuse to got to Fenix-Store and order up some lights with both your names and the date engraved on them.

Best wishes.
And there it is. I was waiting for the flashlight tie-in. Fenix P1 groomsman gifts? I still have the groomsman gift I received from a friends wedding 5 years ago. A nice Swiss Army knife/money clip.
I've got 10+ years in and things actually could not be going any better. May you have all the luck and happiness that my wife and I have shared over the last 13 years.
My favorite wedding toast: "Here's to Honor, Get on her and stay on her."

swampgator

Enlightened
Mad1 said:
Congrats.
A piece of advice, buy all the lights you can now before you tie the knot.

Repeat after me:
"No, honey, those lights aren't worth anything really. I probably wouldn't get $5 apiece. Their usefulness is worth more than that to me, so I'll just go ahead and hang on to them. "

Note: This works well with firearms and knives too. Doesn't work too well with old issues of Playboy.

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congratulations MayCooper & GroLED!

MayCooper, about 3 1/2 years from engagement to the altar--wow, that's a looong time, and bodes well for a successful marriage. A lot of people these days don't even date that long...