Fenix lens glass scratches?

jonman007

Newly Enlightened
Just wondering if anyone has found the lens of their fenix scratches easily? I bought an L1 a year ago and the glass is all scuffed up from minimal use. My surefires have been used much more and the glass is crystal clear.

x2x3x2

Banned
probably cos the fenix lights only state their glass lens as AR coated?
not scratch resistant or anything like that :p

greg_in_canada

Flashlight Enthusiast
My nearly 1 year old L0P is still perfect. I carry it every day in my front pocket with my coins (though I suspect the coins can't touch the glass surface due to the small diameter front).

Greg

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
jonman007 said:
Just wondering if anyone has found the lens of their fenix scratches easily? I bought an L1 a year ago and the glass is all scuffed up from minimal use. My surefires have been used much more and the glass is crystal clear.

Have the same issue with my L2P and with a L0P SE I exchanged. The scratches are not on the lens itself but on the AR coating. On the center of my L2P's lens, there's no more AR coating! The lens is coated on both side. It is still clearer than a lens with no AR coating at all!

AArcVarc

Newly Enlightened
Im a newish Fenix edc er. I thought about protecting the lens while carrying and came up with using finger cots, ala your first aid kit. Or just cut the finger off a latex, vinyl or nitrile powderfree glove and place it over the lens.

Flashlight condoms will not only protect your lens from dust and scratches but there's a diffusing affect that's unique depending on what your selected material is made from. Stuffing a little cotton in behind the cot will further mute the light.

It might look funny, but Im secure enought to take a ribbing as long as were preserving the lens from damage.

frenzee

Enlightened
I haven't tried this myself, but it looks like it might fix as well as prevent the problem. Someone should take one for the team!

timcodes

Newly Enlightened
I always protect all my flashlight glasses with pda ultra clear protector. No worries, ever.

Skyline

Enlightened
I always carry my lights with a black vinyl end cap over the lens. Works perfectly, lens are always in as-new condition.