Emails

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is it with these emails you get from people that tell you to forward them to __ amount of people and "you get a surprise" i've never gotten a surprise before, but granted I've only followed through once or twice on forwarding it as instructed. Just wondering if it ever ddid work for anyone. As far as I am concerned its just another hoax to get people to clog up the web systems, and another example of the stupid gullible people that fall for this kind of thing, the same people that keep those folks selling "real estate secrets" on infomercials in business.

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
We get that spam crap all the time. we switched our email account today.... will be nice to have a clean inbox again...for awhile

Empath

Flashaholic
While it's still clean and new, I'd advise that you only use it for very trusted people. Everyone else should get target revocable forwarding address such as Spam Motel or SneakEmail .
Those are free, but a good commercial one is Spamslicer . They create a different address on the fly for each person you give it to, and it then forwards any mail to your regular new address. If one of them starts getting spammed, then you can identify where it's coming from and delete it easily. If you ever need to give your address out to anyone that will only need it a few times, for a limited period of time, just go to BumpyMail and they'll create a temporary expiring forwarding address that is good only for a few days or just a few messages.

Mailshell offers a good service too, either free or premium.

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
To me the worst thing about these "forwarded" emails is it collects all the emails forwarded. If some lucky spammer gets it 10,000 forwards later he has all those email addresses to spam as he pleases.

Empath

Flashaholic
I wouldn't think so, Tree. Once the "user" part of the "target revocable" addresses are dropped it's discarded forever. Spammers would get nothing but bounces if they made use of them. The other forwarding emails, like NetForward reuse the same ones over and over, but they aren't intended to fight spam.

Monsters_Inc

Banned
Just like those stupid fake virus warning emails. The email that exists to warn you of some supposed virus IS the virus itself!! A computer virus by definition causes unwanted activity on your system, by cloging up your mailbox with useless fake virus warnings making you having to hit the delete button is what I classify unwanted activity.