How does the P90 and P91 compare to TL-3 and H1499 bulbs?

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have very little experience with any of the above lamps/bulbs. Could somebody tell me how they compare for overall output, throw, usefulness of beam and longevity? This will affect the G3 vs TL-3 battle going on, on my wish list. :grin2:

majr

Newly Enlightened
I had a TL3 and some 1499 bulbs, but I sold it. I kept my surefires and wolfeyes lights if that says something.. The TL3 was bright, the 1499 was a little brighter but with an ugly beam. The TL3 was fragile, both the lamp that was on AND the spare one stored inside the light blew when it fell 14" onto concrete(the backup was new and untested, it may have been bad from the factory) also the SL support told me they would send out a replacement bulb, and it never showed up. The TL3 bulb would work itself loose even after messing with the centering o ring, and the tailcap doesnt have a real lockout. I like my G2 and 6P much more, no real complaints. The TL3 seemed to put out more light than the G2, but I coulndnt always count on the SL working when i needed it.