Flashlight Stories

Campdavid

Newly Enlightened
Surefire has "stories" on it's site...thought maybe we could share some cool ones here.
I'll start....
On my way home from picking up my daughter from piano lessons tonight, I thought I saw something sparkle in the trees (which are mostly covered in ice). After turning off the road and clicking on the hazard lights on my car, I grabbed my SF U2 to investigate. As I approached the tree I could now see what looked like sparks. With a quick investigation and blazing the U2 beam into the trees I found a power line sparking against a large branch (which was already blackened). Concerned that the line might snap, I contacted the fire dept. Attaching my traffic wand to the end of my U2 I flagged down the fire truck and then lit up the tree to show them what I had found.

They said, "wow, good eye for even seeing it in the first place and that's a cool light...what is it?" Thinking we may have a few more CPFers soon! :grin2:

Have a cool story? Let's hear it!

Dustin Liu

Banned
I have a story: I use my E2D defender to break my friends window in his car to get my CDs out. (I did not have the keys) :sssh::sssh::sssh::sssh:
I did this because he had sexual relations with my girlfriend behind my back. So I had to pay him back:touche::touche::touche:

:xyxgun::xyxgun::xyxgun::xyxgun::xyxgun:

TwoGuns

Newly Enlightened
One night in Hollywood I was witness to a pretty bad accident just around the bend of a blind corner. After evading the debris field and pulling over and finding the driver to be in bad condition, my brother arrived on scene and took care of the guy until the EMT's came. In the meantime, people were coming around the corner and hitting stuff from the car and launching things in our direction, so I got in a safe position and shined my 6P into traffic to warn drivers and signaled the ambulance when they got there.

Really would have been alot harder without a light.

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Carrot keeps a collection of flashlight stories somewhere around here.

Nice catch, CampDavid, with the U2 and the sparks. Probably saved the whole thing from going up in flames.

Dustin, did it break with one shot? I wouldn't of thought an E2D would break a glass window easily, with the way the it's basically flat on top (not really a sharp point). Did you hit it at the top, bottom or middle of the glass? Any damage to the bezel? I'm assuming you're kidding, but if not, feel free to send me some naughty photos of the girl. :naughty:

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on the photo's on the aeeehemm.... Made up story :)

Sinjz said:
I think Carrot keeps a collection of flashlight stories somewhere around here.

Nice catch, CampDavid, with the U2 and the sparks. Probably saved the whole thing from going up in flames.

Dustin, did it break with one shot? I wouldn't of thought an E2D would break a glass window easily, with the way the it's basically flat on top (not really a sharp point). Did you hit it at the top, bottom or middle of the glass? Any damage to the bezel? I'm assuming you're kidding, but if not, feel free to send me some naughty photos of the girl. :naughty:

carrot

Flashaholic
I think I have collected a few stories you may be interested in. :) I'm a little behind on updates, but I have all the new ones I've seen saved to my subscriptions. There's a link in my sig.

Last edited:

highorder

Enlightened
I have a story: I use my E2D defender to break my friends window in his car to get my CDs out. (I did not have the keys)
I did this because he had sexual relations with my girlfriend behind my back. So I had to pay him back

I just want to see pics of the bezel of the light!

oregon

Enlightened
While wiring a new electric motor for the pool pump I needed heat to shrink some shrink-tubing over a soldered connection so I used a hotwire m@g 1185 to do the job. No need for an extension cord and couldn't find the wife's hair dryer anyway. It worked quickly and easily. Thank you hotwire gurus, you know who you are.

oregon