Looking for an PR Based LED Drop-in

Dr Jekell

Enlightened
I am looking for PR Based LED Drop-in for this light

SAVE0074.jpg

The requirements are:

MUST be cool running as this has no heat sinking
Must be as bright as possible (With regards to above)
Be able to run on 2.2V 0.47A (Has a 1300mAH Nickel Metal Hydride Battery stick)
Give out white light with as little diclouration as posible.

Dr Jekell

Enlightened
Newuser01 said:
2 cell dropin should work, albit a little dimmer. I would check magled drop in or nite-rize drop in.
Or this smjled pr based and here and here.
There are other drop ins around if you search around here.

Regards.

But how hot do they run?

As the light it will go into is made compleatly of plastic with no heat sinking.

Empath

Flashaholic
It's unlikely that the light would have a wide enough PR socket to accommodate the MagLED drop in.

Something to note on converting a rechargeable incandescent flashlight to LED, is that the charging circuitry sometimes actually uses the lamp as part of the charging circuitry. It's not noticeable when using the incandescent lamp, but it's enough to light the LED while it's charging. It's brightness is reduced during charging, but still quite noticeable. If that suits your purpose, there's no problem. If not, then the everlit LED may bother you.

Dr Jekell

Enlightened
The light will fit a standard Maglite 3 Cell bulb with no problems and the bulb it comes with has the code KPR104.

When the light is in the charger the locator LED comes on (Small amber LED) & can be set so If the power goes out the locator LED will still be lit.

The LED comes on as soon as you plug the charger in.

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
The smjled pr bulb doesn't get hot at all. I've had it in a cheap plastic 2D no-name light for many months now.

Last edited: