Using the PT Apex with rechargeables

syte

Newly Enlightened
Hi, this is my first post and must commend that this is a great site for information sharing. I learnt a lot from here.

I purchased an Apex from Gander Mountain about 2 months back. It's a great lamp. But when i put in freshly charged Nimh batteries and turn it on, the red low battery led is flashing. this is not normal is it? any ideas?

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
Either the light or the batteries are faulty. I get 2-3 hours on 2500 mAh NiMH before step-down and red flashes.

If you measure the voltage of the batteries what readings do you get?

Does the light blink and step down in brightness?

If the light is faulty return it an PT will give you a new one.

Sverre

rufusdufus

Newly Enlightened
Try some other known to be good batteries,if that fixes it you know theres a problem with your rechargables or your charger.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only use rechargeable cells and the battery indicator and light, itself, work flawlessly. Your experience is not normal with NiMH cells. Investigate further and let us know what your results are.

drmaxx

Enlightened
syte said:
I purchased an Apex from Gander Mountain about 2 months back. It's a great lamp. But when i put in freshly charged Nimh batteries and turn it on, the red low battery led is flashing. this is not normal is it? any ideas?
My apex does that as well - but after running the light a few seconds the indicator switches back to green. I think the electronics need a few seconds to realise what kind of battery there is. :thinking:

Latest posts