Ultrafire K2 WF-500, 2x18650, Only $29.39, Have anybody tried this???

whc

Enlightened

x2x3x2

Banned
It actually ends up almost about $50 shipped. Most of these lights sold have high shipping charges usually as much as the light itself, so the list price it not a good figure to go buy..

I just posted about this light a few days back too n someones placed an order for it n may put up a mini review soon. Looking forward to that :)

Just checked out the beamshots in the review, seems pretty weak that it's output intensity is so similar to a single 14500 cell light.

Last edited:

whc

Enlightened
Just bought one, could not resist :D. Yes with shipping it is not so cheap again, but looks like a nice flashlight, and a good light for future mod...

No the output does not seam to be as bright as it could be, the drive should be feeding about 800mA to the LED, but is far as I know the K2 can handle up to 1500mA, so it seams like a modification to the regulation should be done for maximal output. Or maybe a Cree mod :D...

Ups must have missed your post, searched again and found it: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/148728

Looking forward to "robm's" review :)...

whc

Enlightened
zerafull said:
500 lumens no ?

Don't think the K2 led is capable to produce more than 140 lumens...But the WF-500 don't seams to take full advantage of the K2 LED, so don't think it is even close to 80 lumens, without modification..

jb818

Newly Enlightened
If you read the first couple of negative feed backs, they are about similar flash lights not working properly in the few minutes of receiving them

London Lad

Flashlight Enthusiast
jb818 said:
If you read the first couple of negative feed backs, they are about similar flash lights not working properly in the few minutes of receiving them

Yes but he has got 22,000 positive feedbacks in the last 12 months.

I bet Surefire would like to have only 81 complaints in 22,000 sales!

x2x3x2

Banned
i would rather wait for the next version which will drive at 1.6A

the current output isnt too impressive, but great runtime tho.

whc

Enlightened
jb818 said:
That is the Xenon version with Incandescent bulb, does break easy, not like LED...

whc

Enlightened
x2x3x2 said:
i would rather wait for the next version which will drive at 1.6A

the current output isnt too impressive, but great runtime tho.
Yep, but the seller doesn't know which version he has, or even if it is regulated. I just keep my finger crossed and thanks for the low doller rate :D..

If I can get to the electronic, is it also possible to change it to at least give 1.5A to the LED (my dad is an electronics mechanic, he knows how to do this or redesign a print board).

Bought it with an eye for modding, just an awesome power source with 2x18650 2200mah batteries, it can be a monster thrower with good runtime (and if it can run on 3xRCR123A it would be awesome for extra boost :))...

Or with 800mA, it would be a great host for Cree mod :D...

x2x3x2

Banned
Definitely a great mod host there, i read in another post that it is able to take 3x RCR123 with the short part unscrewed, but cant remember if it was the incan or K2 version.

With a head that size, im sure a flupic or some other boards would have no trouble fitting in :) good luck, for me 2x 18650 lights are the next big thing for either crazy brightness or extended runtime!

Another idea, if any of the Chinese or Hong Kong manufacturers would make a light with 2x 18650 in parallel, that would be great. Will be pocketable n not too long.

Last edited:

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most of these type lights are available on either DealExtreme dot com or qualitychinagoods dot com and you'll usually get a little better price on shipping - plus you are avoiding someone who has to pay eBay fees on their sale so logically it can sell for a bit less.

whc

Enlightened
x2x3x2 said:
Definitely a great mod host there, i read in another post that it is able to take 3x RCR123 with the short part unscrewed, but cant remember if it was the incan or K2 version.

With a head that size, im sure a flupic or some other boards would have no trouble fitting in :) good luck, for me 2x 18650 lights are the next big thing for either crazy brightness or extended runtime!

Another idea, if any of the Chinese or Hong Kong manufacturers would make a light with 2x 18650 in parallel, that would be great. Will be pocketable n not too long.
Yes would be nice with 2x 18650 in parallel, or even 3x 18650 :D...

whc

Enlightened
matrixshaman said:
Most of these type lights are available on either DealExtreme dot com or qualitychinagoods dot com and you'll usually get a little better price on shipping - plus you are avoiding someone who has to pay eBay fees on their sale so logically it can sell for a bit less.
Non of the stores got it, yes the shipping is kind of pricy from some eBay seller, but it is ok :)...