NEED ADVICE PLEASE On AN/VSS-3A SEARCHLIGHT PURCHASE

UncleCharliesAttic

Newly Enlightened
Hello:
I would really appreciate any and all advice on the (former) military AN/VSS-3A Searchlight.

Does anyone out there have one?

Anybody know of any for sale?

How much are they worth?

Thank you. Tom
[email protected]

billhess

Newly Enlightened
UncleCharliesAttic said:
Hello:
I would really appreciate any and all advice on the (former) military AN/VSS-3A Searchlight.

Does anyone out there have one?

Anybody know of any for sale?

How much are they worth?

Thank you. Tom
[email protected]

I have seen them from 200$ to 350$. Yes once in a while you'll get someone that doesn't know what they are talking about to pay more. There is a guy in texas that has lots of them and he gets 250-300 for them his name is joe. I think he bought several truck loads years ago. He once told me he has over 75 of them.

Last edited:

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I have two of them and the older one is tripod-mounted, and has been to a couple CPF get-togethers. Getting one running requires purchasing the connectors for connecting the searchlight to the master control box (23 conductors, two of which need to be #4!) The pair of Amphenol connectors typically run over $100, and that's not counting the main power-in connector, which can be another $59! There are work-arounds on the latter.

These things are awesome! If I can help anybody with making one run, don't hesitate to ask!

Larry

Madjimbo

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have any more contact info for this Joe fellow in TX with the truckload of VSS/3's? I'd sure like to pull the trigger one one or 5..
Jim in Madison, WI

mezzman

Newly Enlightened
I am also looking for 3 or 5 of these units. The VSS-1 is too heavy for what I want and I'm having a hard time finding the VSS-3. If anybody can help out, please PM me.
Thanks!