cheap 2AA tube with clickie (P1D-CE)

rp42995

Newly Enlightened
I was just messing around with my P1D CE and for the heck of it I grabbed my streamlight jr luxeon took it apart and I took the PID head and it screwed it together installed 2 AA's and a little spacer batterries came up short and it actually worked. The retaining ring on the streamlight has the same threads as the Fenix, It looks a little silly but in a pinch could be used with AA's . I'm sorry but my camera is broken so no picture.

EDIT:used wifes camera phone

Last edited:

luminari

Newly Enlightened
whaaa?? fascinating! i could totally use that for airsoft! Is it noticably less bright? At 2.4 volts for 2 Nimh AA's it sounds like it might be ok?

luminari

Newly Enlightened
this is cool... Do you know if it will work with a Streamlight Jr. (non LED)? I'm trying to find the cheapest way to get some tactical P1D CE action :)

Do the multiple levels work if you click on the tailcap?

Thanks!

Mike abcd

Enlightened
rp42995 said:
I was just messing around with my P1D CE and for the heck of it I grabbed my streamlight jr luxeon took it apart and I took the PID head and it screwed it together installed 2 AA's and a little spacer batterries came up short and it actually worked. The retaining ring on the streamlight has the same threads as the Fenix, It looks a little silly but in a pinch could be used with AA's . I'm sorry but my camera is broken so no picture.

It looks like the Streamlight jr luxeon is easy to find under 430 and has a clickie. I'm surprised this hasn't gotten more interest.

How did the SL jr body make electrical contact with the P1D CE head? The Fenix body has a recessed "ledge" in the body that contacts the outer ring of the head but not the rest of the body. How well did the threads mate?

What did you use as a spacer? How big was the gap?

Thanks for posting this. I suspect run times would be pretty good on 2AA NiMH, probably close to double a CR123.

Mike

rp42995

Newly Enlightened
Mike abcd said:
It looks like the Streamlight jr luxeon is easy to find under 430 and has a clickie. I'm surprised this hasn't gotten more interest.

How did the SL jr body make electrical contact with the P1D CE head? The Fenix body has a recessed "ledge" in the body that contacts the outer ring of the head but not the rest of the body. How well did the threads mate?

What did you use as a spacer? How big was the gap?

Thanks for posting this. I suspect run times would be pretty good on 2AA NiMH, probably close to double a CR123.

Mike
the same edge is in the streamlight . the head screws in perfect some threads still show though. for a spacer i used a piece 3/8 copper tubing about 1/2 inch long. it worked like I said its does not look the best but works in a pinch

Latest posts