Q3 Cree P4,with flupic Successful MOD Double cree nite!

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ive been working on this with some help here,Thanks guys! I thought Id share a photo of my heatsink I got done tonight. Hopefully I will have beamshots if all goes well.I need to make sure Ive got all parts well insulated.To insulate the strips from grounding out,I used 2 layers of clear nail polish ,let each dry,then addes 1 more with a piece of mica heat shield.I also put a coating of clear nail polish on the reflector base and clear packing tape. A bit redundant,but safe.
That doesnt look like a couple hours work.It was fit by hand and fits like a glove,no rattle,nice and snug!

So I finished the cree transplant! (cree star from Waion)it is very bright and white.It now is as bright as JetI MKII on lion14500,Im guessing it went from 25 lumens with its stock swoh led to 80 lumens on high with the cree,using visual test and cieling bounce.I used the stock reflector,it works great no rings or artifacts.I made the heatsink approx 9.5 mm high,cree star was another 1mm.Focus did not seem to be an issue with this reflector.
OK now some pics,
Q3 Flupic and cree Mr Bulk Baby Pin cree P4

Q3 beam on high(In person very white)Waion cree P4
MR Bulk Baby Pin optic with a beam diffuser to smooth beam.Using cree from erasumas buy,Mine has a yellow tint.Much more flood using nx01 optic.Primar3v surefire battery

Last edited:

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Q3 Cree P4,with flupic

Also I got this Q3 with flupic when I bought it,It has been running stock SWOH led with a stock heatsink ,it has never had a problem,even with lots of burst mode!I did the $1.02 heatsink mod,now it will need to be called the $1.72 heatsink do to increase in copper prices.

It did take considereable sanding/fileing to make it all fit,pennies were sanded smooth and had to be made smaller in diameter a lot!plus the OD of the copper bushing needed to be filed a lot to fit.

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Metal reflector can touch metal ring, no problem...
But nothing else :)

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast

bombelman said:
Metal reflector can touch metal ring, no problem...
But nothing else :)

Thanks,Just wanted to be sure!

Hellbore

Enlightened
I have worked metal by hand before so I can definitely see how that could take you 2 hours!

I once smoothed and polished a rough brass cast part, took me like 10 hours... I kid you not... But it came out real shiny :D

Latest posts