CREE +FLYING BOAT+DARKNESS=COPS

Flashlight Enthusiast
That would explain the UFO sightings that are all too common, Flashoholic rc holics with airplanes attached to super high powered lights.

farscape105

Newly Enlightened
Oh man, I would bet my paycheck that those are Storm launchers. Don't tell me they are stock motors, they have to be modified? I have been thinking of getting one to toy with along with my BT corona helicoptor. Actually just picked up a few lithium battery/chargers combos for $7 at target 75% clearance rack. They sold out of the actual storm launchers.

farscape105

Newly Enlightened
Actually, I have a P1D Ce, would really freak people out to put it on my heli, put it on strobe moat, lol.

myk

Enlightened
farscape105 said:
Oh man, I would bet my paycheck that those are Storm launchers. Don't tell me they are stock motors, they have to be modified? I have been thinking of getting one to toy with along with my BT corona helicoptor. Actually just picked up a few lithium battery/chargers combos for $7 at target 75% clearance rack. They sold out of the actual storm launchers.

Those aren't the storm launcher, as shown by the single prop - the storm launcher has two, this one is called a "HydroFoam" i believe.

We thought about putting some LEDs on the storm launcher a few of us were playing with, but that 7.4v lipolymer battery already only lasts ~12 minutes which sucks

farscape105

Newly Enlightened
Boy, glad no one took my up on my bet. I didn't look at video close enough, thought storm launcher was only one selling as boat/plane/car. Guess there are clones, etc. out there now. Do your storm launchers fly similar to hydrofoam in video? I didn't think they could do much vertical flying, but I think I remember reading they have like 1/1 thrust/weight ratio. 12 minutes is not much. Ooops, can't forget this is led forum. Anyone interested in checking out these "boats", a good place is rcgroups.com

x2x3x2

Banned
Hi FASTCAR, could u share with us what brand/model u have there?
Seems like the one in your video has much more power than those cheaper ones, like those by Air Hogs. They don't have enough thrust to do straight vertical climbs like yours can.

farscape105

Newly Enlightened
Under this thread http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8504 the username UAVPilot is one of the inventors that sold design to Air Hogs and is also flyer in the video in beginning of this thread. In wattflyer thread he discusses the one in video as using a brushless motor (more power) and some reduced weight vs the stock one Air Hogs sells. BTW, lady at walmart said couple weeks ago they had Storm launcher reduced to $50 because they had like 14 of them left from holidays. They are $70 now, but she said they will probably reduce them again soon.