I need a LED light that can "blind"...

beer2beer

Newly Enlightened
Hi there,

I'm looking for a new LED light for my outdoor activities. This light must have a tight and very bright beam with long throw. It also must have a tailcap switch at least for momentary on. I prefer rechargeable or CR123(expensive in Brazil, but no problem at all) versions. Oh, rainproof would be great. I don't have much experience like you, flashaholics, but since I became a CPF'er a few months ago, I already got a Fenix P1D-CE, an Inova X03, an Inova X1 and some other things. I also have an Inova X5 a Streamlight Buckmaster, a Surefire 8NX and a 9P. The worst thing is: since I joined CPF, I can't stop thinking about flashlights. I'm becoming an addict, OMG SOMEONE HELP ME! :sick2:

I'm considering a SF L7/L4, but maybe I should wait until the Cree versions. Well, I dunno. So please, could you yelp me? Any suggestion will be really appreciated.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: I'm need a LED light that can "blind"...

What's your budget?

The brightest Led-lights are with multiple High-Power-Leds.

Best regards

____
Tom

deuscoup

Newly Enlightened

If you really want one that will "blind" I'd go for a UV. It won't even bother you until it is too late.

beer2beer

Newly Enlightened

Something between US$150-US$200, maybe a bit more...

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's my brightest light in this size:

inhand.jpg

Compared to a Fenix L1P:

both2.jpg

both.jpg

About 200 Lumens on high, about 15 Lumens on low, momentary pushbutton and twisty for constant on. Powered by one RCR123 cell.

But a little over your budget.

Best regards

_____
Tom

freewheelin'

Enlightened

For realllly long throw put a Turbo Head on your 9P and locate a TTH turbo tower head by Arcmania. Mine throws like crazy for an LED and will totally screw any thoughts of night adapted eyes from a couple of hundred feet away. If theres a Cree version in the works I'll get one for sure, but so far this is my best thrower.
Another option for an LED would be to find one of our modders who'll make you a Space Needle clone, comes in a M@g 2c body and is my second best thrower.

rollee

Newly Enlightened
hi beer2beer.
you need surefire L5 or L6. depending on which size facter you prefer.
Both are out of this world bright with great throw and beam spill.
They satisfied my needs perfectly, L5 in car glove box, L6 stays at home.

BrightGal

Banned
Well, I have seen on CPF some custom and even a few production lights for sale that are so expensive you won't know whether to s**t or go blind if you purchase one.

Sorry, I'm in an odd mood today.

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
BrightGal said:
Well, I have seen on CPF some custom and even a few production lights for sale that are so expensive you won't know whether to s**t or go blind if you purchase one.

Sorry, I'm in an odd mood today.

I bet that happens once a month...

You know what really blinds... Forget LEDs for blinding. You need a big 9 inch reflectored HID Spotlight. I didn't see any size restrictions.. and it's rechargable alright.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Oi, beer2beer, what type of outdoor activities are we talking here, and how do they relate to your need for a "blinding" light? I'm not sure I understand your needs, and am hesitant to widely recommend a light that might not be useful.

beer2beer

Newly Enlightened
Thank you all for comments and suggestions. I forgot to mention that the light must be small (like the 8NX, L7, etc), because I will attach it to a rifle for night hunting in Uruguay/Argentina. I'm currently using a SF 9P with that extension tailcap made in China (pretty good I must say). I can also use the 9P/8NX without the tailcap extension (that's the reason for the tailcap models, because I can turn them on with my thumb while aiming).

It's not necessary to really blind, but it must be a light with good bright and throw. The main reason why I wanna stop using the 9P is that I want a LED light instead an incan (no spare bulbs:huh:).

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should really look in to HID, they throw light like nothing else can. LEDs are great but they can't go for miles. I just got an HID and it makes me gitty when I turn it on.

FsTop

Enlightened
Almost any small torch will work - one hard poke in each eye with it, and...
:grin2: