• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Mini mag stainless bezels

kooter

Enlightened
Had a request for mini mag stainless bezels. Any more takers for these?? Looking at about $30 at a guess.

Open to suggestions from anyone interested. How long would you want it, how many crenelations, how big crenelations. The ones on the Surefire bezels were 6mm, think that would be too big. :popcorn:

myk

Enlightened
as the said requestor I have to contribute some of my own personal suggestions, but in general anything like what you've been making woul dbe awesome. I was foreseeing perhaps a 1/4" to 1/2" above the current height at the high point of the (posts?crenelations?)

As for number of crenelations, again depending on size, 5 maybe 6?

I really like the surefire and lumapower bezels, those scaled down would be perfect (for me anyways)

interested in everyone elses ideas - eg. small holes to fill with glow powder maybe like kiu's bezels?

also, SS or aluminum would be fine

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd be in for one, for my silver MMagLed w/ wood made by 'will.' I'd be in favor of more subtle crenelations than mongo ones, and a lower height. Perhaps slots for trits rather than glow powder?

kooter

Enlightened
This is where it can get complicated. Myk might want holes for glow powder, mcmc wants slots for trit tubes. Where, how many, what size, how deep? Hmmm, this all adds up to total custom job. Its gonna be more $$$

Better to keep it simple. Most seem to want subtle crenelations. Im thinking 5 at most 5 - 6 mm. Just put an E1 bezel on my mag and it fits, apart from the thread.

Ill make one with 6 slots, not as deep as the E bezel, a quarter of an inch longer than the stock mag bezel. Does this sound ok? Bead blasted or not.

myk

Enlightened
kooter said:
This is where it can get complicated. Myk might want holes for glow powder, mcmc wants slots for trit tubes. Where, how many, what size, how deep? Hmmm, this all adds up to total custom job. Its gonna be more $$$

Better to keep it simple. Most seem to want subtle crenelations. Im thinking 5 at most 5 - 6 mm. Just put an E1 bezel on my mag and it fits, apart from the thread.

Ill make one with 6 slots, not as deep as the E bezel, a quarter of an inch longer than the stock mag bezel. Does this sound ok? Bead blasted or not.

kooter - agreed with the trit tube/holes - theyre not worth making the project undoable, and really not needed at all

subtle crenelations = good!

as for beadblasted or not, i'm sorry i dont know the difference in how they look - but i did forget that I am specifically looking for one for the MiniMagLED not just a plane minimag - i'm not sure if the bezels/threads are different

let me know if you need a mmag LED to do the work on

kooter

Enlightened
Hmm i have a minimag that has an led drop in. So its a normal minimag. Anyone know if the heads are the same??

If i bead blast it, it will dull it down and you wont be able to see the machining marks so much. It will be shiney without blasting. Blasted in my opinion looks better, gives a more professional finish to it.

Dont think this will be ready till next week. Got fenix bodies to get right first.

Last edited:

myk

Enlightened
kooter said:
Hmm i have a minimag that has an led drop in. So its a normal minimag. Anyone know if the heads are the same??

If i bead blast it, it will dull it down and you wont be able to see the machining marks so much. It will be shiney without blasting. Blasted in my opinion looks better, gives a more professional finish to it.

Dont think this will be ready till next week. Got fenix bodies to get right first.

The head, more importantly, the bezel, is not the same =( I can mail you the head off of one of mine if you'd like, and just have you mail it back with the bezel im going to buy from you, drop me a PM with your address

no rush, if anything the more things you have done before this the more things i'll be suckered into buying at the same time =)

kooter

Enlightened
I have made one of these today. Will post a pic if anyone is interested in it. Its sand blasted.:grin2:

kooter

Enlightened
DSC00412.jpg

There is an imperfection on the right of the top crenelation.
ohgeez.gif
Didnt notice it till i looked at the pic.
DSC00413.jpg

Last edited: