Isn't it annoying when..

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isn\'t it annoying when..

When you see something up for sale in BST and then you get a link to Ebay:scowl: If it's a Ebay auction it's not up for sale it's up for auction.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Re: Isn\'t it annoying when..

Well sometimes it's a "nice" heads up, but I personally try to sell my items here first. That way I'm sharing my "goods" with fellow CPFrs. I've not had bad experiences buying or selling here on the CPF.

Perhaps there's good personal reasoning for a seller to "advise" us that their goods are available on eBay. Perhaps those goods are "really something special or unique" and the seller is being "polite" so that we "don't miss out on it"? You know so many of those "uninformed" bidders on eBay are hard to compete with. They're nuts (I'm one, but not crazy - I'm usually educated as to what an item is worth.) and the seller can probably get a better price there than here? Comments from eBay sellers?

One of my observations in the B/S/T area is selling an item (or even worse - a loooooong list of items) and not posting an asking price. Prices can be negotiated "sometimes". At least it gives someone an idea on whether to buy or make an offer without 35 emails or postings.

I have mixed feelings on "auctions" here in the B/S/T area here. It's easier to see all of the offers and not have to mess around with those 35 emails or so from everyone...I think I'm more positive about it than not...I'm tired, it's 5:27 am here in Anchorage...perhaps I'm not thinking right...Good night!

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast

I remember when auctions and ebay adds were not allowed here. The auctions seemed to start with the "Craig fund" items which were allowed, and then regular acutions followed. I'm not sure when the ebay adds started to slip through.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

Wow, if I'd say that looks like one of those "Patent Infringement" lawsuits!

At least this item actually resembles the one it's "copied" from...unlike that "other one" we've been dis"cuss"ing all over the Forum!

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

woops, double tap. center of mass, boo-yah!
grin.gif
sorry, couldn't help myself.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

Originally posted by Josh:
Tree, I think it should be that way again!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">ditto. it ticks me off when somebody posts a link here, waste of time. b/s/t is for items sold between members here . if i want to shop on ebay i'll go there!
icon8.gif

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

where are the angry people?

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast

I guess we are the "angry people"
yellowlaugh.gif
If leatherman was anything like the MAG corp. these people would have been hunted down and sued by now
grin.gif

Albany Tom

Enlightened

Originally posted by Josh:
I guess we are the "angry people"
yellowlaugh.gif
If leatherman was anything like the MAG corp. these people would have been hunted down and sued by now
grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If mag were anything like Leatherman, they'd be continually improving their products.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

For someone seeking information, I have no problem with a link to an ebay listing. Those are usually not in b/s/t though.

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast

If is an AUCTION it's an auction, if it's in B/S/T it's a PRIVATE sale.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

If "auctions" are acceptable here, is it feasible to add an "Auction" Forum so those interested in "cut & dry" B/S/T transactions wouldn't have to wade through the "Auction" posts?

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

here's a twist, what about the "for sale to the highest bidder" posts i've seen in B/S/T lately?

i'm ok with them cause as i've said before, it's private between members here.

those morons on ebay jack up the price beyond what any reasonable cpf'er would pay anyway so why bother wasting bandwidth here?

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have enjoyed seeing the links to ebay like the beer can that sold for $19,300 or the $43 PB&J sandwich. TX

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast

TX, the pb&j was very funny LOL, but not the same as a link to the sellers auction. Sigman, couldn't have said it better myself.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

That sucked about the sandwich (I'd hate to be a buyer) but Ebay is pretty much the only way to get certain kinds of ghetto blasters, certain kinds of glass insulators, and Digimon stuff. So that's where I get Digimon stuff, old jam boxes, and even older insolators.
grin.gif