Can you mount an E Series?

Delta447

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know how I might be able to mount a SF EL1 to my rail-less Sig Sauer P226? I would like a light on the P226, but I have enough E series size lights that I can't see buying a dedicated mounted flashlight. THanks.

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Delta447 said:
Does anyone know how I might be able to mount a SF EL1 to my rail-less Sig Sauer P226? I would like a light on the P226, but I have enough E series size lights that I can't see buying a dedicated mounted flashlight. THanks.

Practice your Harries method. :)

I assume you mean E1L, and there's really no way to get that specific light on that gun. Pocketclips and such. There are better applications for that. Frankensteining a handheld light like the E1L on a handgun and making do with the tailcap for activation is not the way to go.

Dawson Precision offers rails for exactly what you're taking about...

http://tinyurl.com/2mfwsd

PLEASE NOTE: This is not a rail that will accept a weaponlight, it will accept a model-specific adaptor for a weaponlight. It's an option. I'd prefer to use a Surefire X200 or Streamlight TLR1/2 with a triggerguard switch made for your application.

If you're going to mount a flashlight on a firearm, do it right. Get a good robust proven workable mount. For handguns, IMHO, the money is better spent on training ammo and range time with your handheld light. For a long gun, which requires two hands, then I'd say it's worth it to get a light on there. From a serious firearms perspective, don't get caught up in the cool gear doodads and gadgets. Practice practice practice. :) The 226 is a classic system used by law enforcement and military for decades. It's no less effective without fancy attachments. :)

Last edited:

dw51

Enlightened
I may not be much help, but I don't see any practical way of mounting an e series on your Sig. Most light mounts are designed around a 1" tube (e.g. 6P, etc.). I don't know of any for the smaller .75" tube of the e series. Another problem would be light activation. Once again, I don't know of any remote style switches for the e series.

The lack of a rail on your Sig could be a problem, but I believe there are manufacturers out there that can retrofit a rail to it. You might try Brownell's. ( www.brownells.com ) It seems to me that someone makes a replacement floorplate for magazines that has a light mount built in. I'll have to try to find them.

Are you planning on finding a holster for this combo, or is this a home protection gun? I don't know of any holsters that can accomodate the combo, even if you were able to mount the light to the gun.

Like I said, I could be way off-base and maybe someone will prove me wrong. You could always sell one of your e-series lights and get some form of dedicated light. It looks like a good excuse to get another light :naughty: .

Good luck.

Paladin

Enlightened
FWIW on long guns the Surefire E series sized light bodies can use the Surefire M78 ring/mount. Also, Daniel Defense sells a plastic bushing which allows E series diameter bodies to mount in it's 1 inch offset mount clamp.

That said, you need to SELL a couple of your plentiful E series lights and BUY a Streamlight TLR-1 for mounted handgun use.

And don't discount the advice to train more with the Harries method.

Paladin

Delta447

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the advice. I was just seeing if there was any way to properly set up an E series on a rail-less P226 Sig since I would rather spend my $ on rising ammo costs. It's a home defense piece, so the holster is not an issue. However, if I have to go out and buy yet another light just so that it can sit mounted and unused on the Sig, then I will live without a light mounted Sig. Besides, I already have a G2 w/KL3 head and remote tailcap switch properly mounted on a Winchester 1300 Defender. Thanks again.

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
one nice thing about the light through like an x200 is that it is like a laser. so you know where you piont the light the bullet is going to hit near the beam. cuz i t is a proven fact that when the buggie man comes you dont look at the sites you look at the intruder. but if you can trian your self then i would not take a weapon mount light and just use the E1L for handheld use and you can illuminat your sight with a handlehld light wich you cant do with a weapon mounted light.

hope this helps!

Delta447

Newly Enlightened
I do already have a "laser" [Dr. Evil holding his fingers up to signify quotations] on one of my P226's.

Latest posts