Hands off my torches?!

sizzlechest

Enlightened
For lack of a better place I have chosen to "display" a couple of my larger spotlights in my office.

spotlights-copy.jpg

Problem is my co-worker non-flashaholics seem to think they should come in pick them up, mess around with them, turn them on, you name it.

WORST is that when someone needs a light for any old reason they feel they can march in, grab my spotlight and actually USE it. What's the matter with these people?

Most recently we had a water pipe break in the ceiling and they grabbed my cyclops and used it to "diagnose" where the water was leaking from- soaking it with water.

I just don't think I can handle this much longer......Do I need to invest in glass display cases for these or what?

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
You need to get them out of your public office space, or at the very least, disconnect an internal wire. The first instinct dumbass noobies have about using a bright light is to shine it at someone to blind them as a joke...not realizing these are so strong they could hurt someone's eyes...which then would be on you.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Foolish, was I, the morning I left my Amondo HID on a desk in the office - unattended only for a few minutes. A budding flashoholic friend surprised me with a visit & managed to turn the light on & off numerous times until I offered that, perhaps, such cycling isn't recommended. That Murphy-like experience did indicate the light's rapid re-strike capability. Of course, YMMV.

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lame, just let them use them. Save up for replacements, or better yet, buy everyone in your office a nice EDC light of their very own.

SteveTheReaper

Newly Enlightened
What you need is bigger spotlights. If you had a spotlight based on a commercial truck sized lead acid battery, I doubt anyone would want to pick it up and use it.

Knighthood

Newly Enlightened
Somebody is going to steal it or misplace it at the very least too. Either lock it up or take it back home. :touche:

Dr Jekell

Enlightened
Get a cable lock with a motion sensor alarm on it (Use a big speaker/siren), and attach it to to the cabinet.

Then when they try to pick them up they get the full effect and they will soon learn not to touch them. :devil:

Secur1

Enlightened
Or you can just put a "live" wire on the handle and video tape the results for us :D

sizzlechest

Enlightened
karlthev said:
Take 'em home or, if you need them at work, lock 'em up!!

Karl

Thanks for the input fellas.

I have a certain amount of faith/trust I put in my co-workers not to steal in general. Besides, most people think these are cheap lights anyways. (In CPF $ terms, they are cheap lights) Most people are freaked when you tell them the HF HID light is like $160.

In terms of shining them in someones eyes- not a good thing. Especially that HID light- they shine it down the hall on people not realizing the person 200+ feet away may as well have their face right in front of it. I put an end to that immediately.

My secret agenda is to convert them all into flashaholics!

BTW- most of my co-workers already have keychain led lights- my compliments!

sizzlechest

Enlightened
Outdoors Fanatic said:
Do you really need two big *** spotlights at your office? Do you work in a watchtower or what? Bring them home...

I think the bigger question is do I really need two big *** spotlights period? In the true spirit of CPF I say YES I DO. As many as I can acquire. I don't need to have a need do I?

I've got plenty at home, in my vehicles, and in my garage already, its actually practical for me to have these stored at the office. Indeed they are "big *** spotlights"

LONG LIVE THE FLASHAHOLIC!