BMW LED keylight?

iddibhai

Enlightened
hi all, do any of you bimmer owners have an LED built into the key? bro's 95 3series, i was surprised to find, does! press the bmw logo (now completely faded on his key), and a tiny amber LED shines thru a plastic window right where the metal & plastic meet. kinda neat, I must say. so is the rechargeable flashlight plugged into the glovebox! (i'm thinking of turning it into an LED & swap out the batteries for new NiMHs... 8 yrs on those already). so many small details in that car, they sure put a lot of thought into it. Will get pics/beamshots this wkend. oh, here's a cool little "feature" that should work for all bimmers made early 90s onward: hold down the trip odo/reset button and switch on the ignition. keep the button pressed for about 10 seconds or until the show starts. might want to keep a camera handy for "finale" (won't tell you what it is...yet!)

anyway, when he & i swap cars real soon, i'll have a real LED EDC on the key, a McHappy in pocket, and an incandescent-to-be-LED in the glovebox
smile.gif