spencers laser mod impossible?

crailtap25

Newly Enlightened
i got this laser pointer for christmas ..<5mw..(ordered from spencergifts.com) .. i saw a previous thread showing the modification of one.. but i just cannot get it open. as you can see, ive also done some digging but cant find the pot either.. anyone else have this problem? or know what to do? i got a 90mw EnVee and just want to get this one up as high as possible. (i dont care that the casing is wrecked)
IMG_2823.jpg

IMG_2822.jpg

Madz

Enlightened
The EnVee is a lot easier to take apart (voids your warranty) but I wouldnt turn the pot more then 30 degrees or else you will just make it unstable and you wont be making much more powerful past that.

crailtap25

Newly Enlightened
i probably wont touch the enVee, but just wondering if theres anything i can get out of this ..

Madz

Enlightened
That laser should have a pot, usually its where the button is. There is a small possibility that it does not have a pot.

Johnawesley

Newly Enlightened
Sometimes the circuit board is cover with glue and you can't get to the pot. The EnVee can by modifyed as Madz said, but stick with the 30 degrees only, or you will fry it up. I didn't need to take my EnVee apart to turn the pot 30 degrees...

Johnawesley

Newly Enlightened
Sometimes the circuit board is cover with glue and you can't get to the pot. The EnVee can by modified as Madz said, but stick with the 30 degrees only, or you will fry it up. I didn't need to take my EnVee apart to turn the pot 30 degrees...

FNinjaP90

Enlightened
You can take the enVee apart without voiding the warranty, but I really don't recommend turning up the pot. You'll probably notice that even if you turn it 30deg, you'll likely get a falling output after it initially lights up a tad brighter.

crailtap25

Newly Enlightened
im not going to turn up the pot (at least not for a few years wen im bored of it and dont care whether it breaks or not)... btw guys.. thanks for super fast shipping! gary are you still into radio control? (that might not be allowed since its off topic..?)

Johnawesley

Newly Enlightened
Crailtap25,

That's the best thing. Don't mess with the pot at all... Good to see another EnVee owner...Have fun and post pics of it in action, indoors when you can..

FNinjaP90

Enlightened
Yeah, I'm still sort of into R/C. Do you know me personally? Your name isn't familiar.

crailtap25

Newly Enlightened
saw that you bought some parts on eBay.. i myslef have the original t-maxx with a megatech m-16 . (50+ MPH). and about 700$ put into it.. i dont follow RC much anymore but i also have a team associated B2, and a traxxas rustler.. both about $300 into each.

FNinjaP90

Enlightened
Ah, nice. I recently got a nicely decked out brushless/LiPo 1/10 touring car but haven't had much time to run it.

Nisei

Newly Enlightened
Yours is not a New Wish laser, it looks like one but it's not.
The bumps in the casing should be in the bottom half near the pocket clip.
So there's your reason for not finding a pot inside.

newwish1.jpg

Last edited:

Aseras

Enlightened
don't judge a laser on it's casing there's plenty of lasers using the same casing with vast diffrences on the internals. even common leadlights and such have diffrent internals and pcb's depending on their age.