Stiff Z52 need help!

UWAK

Enlightened
I have a kinda stiff twisty Z52 LOTC. Anyone knows what I have to do to make it softer? Thx.

Frids

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you be more specific? Is the tread stiff or the switch? Usually a stiff switch is better than a soft one I reckon but it should not be too stiff until you cant actually push it. if its the thread then try putting some lube on the o-rings and threads. Hope this helps

UWAK

Enlightened
Actually the stiffen part is the switch and not the thread. Well, I never handle a twisty before this one so I have no idea how far the normal stiffness except I compare it with a Z57 clicky tailcap.

Frids

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
UWAK said:
Actually the stiffen part is the switch and not the thread. Well, I never handle a twisty before this one so I have no idea how far the normal stiffness except I compare it with a Z57 clicky tailcap.

Frids

Hello UWAK:)

It's normal, that the Z52 needs harder to press than the Z57. No need to worry about:)

Best regards

____
Tom

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too have a Z57 to compare, and the L1 is much stiffer. After a few days, I got used to it. In fact I welcome the stiffness and I use more twisty action on the L1. Maybe that the way a twisty is............

Flashlight Enthusiast
A little lube after you take it apart should solve any problems. Seems to be the SureFire way to fix yoru switches a little lube.