New version pgl-IIIa

Nisei

Newly Enlightened
Ideal for star pointing and emergency signaling!
I hope this doesn't give people the idea that it's save to start waving around a 50mW laser in emergency situations. I can see the headlines already: Car accident on 5th avenue; 2 people injured and 32 blinded.

Luap

Newly Enlightened
While we're on the subject.. I came across one recently that looked very similar too.
Check it out, its about half way down the page.
http://www.amazing1.com/laser_pointers.htm

Its hard to tell in that pict, but it doesn't look exactly the same? It is eerily close though. Plus the page appears to sell other CNI type lasers too, which made me wonder.
If it is the same laser, then it is quite a lot more expensive (while cheekily claiming to be "lower cost") but also mentions that it is not suitable for continuous use.

I have no idea if it is the same or not.. Your guess is as good as mine??

Paul

FNinjaP90

Enlightened
That is a picture of a very very early PGLIIIA. CNI sent me pictures of a unit like that for my first group buy last spring, but the units that arrived ended up being the modern PGLIIIA's. The internals are most likely the same, just the case is different. I don't know if Amazing1 ships those old or the new models, but I think it's safe to assume they haven't updated the product picture for at least a year.

Last edited: