Are we alone in the flashlight universe...?

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello guys!

I like to browse several forums about different things while on the net and this forum and strategos are the only ones I have found that talks about our unique hobby, feels like island earth here, are there other forums that the main topic are flashlights?

Not that I want to change or anything, I feel comfortable here, but I´m just curious. I am sure that there are more than 3000+ flashaholics in the wild not just CPF, BTW. How many are we?

Thnx!
Alex

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think there are lots of flasholics, a lot don't know about this site. My last gf's dad had 20 maglites. That was before I found CPF, and I couldn't tell him whats available besides mags

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am sure there are many more than the CPF members. Most people believe that a flashlight is something you keep stuffed in a drawer, and hope it works when you need it.

I would not be surprised to learn that CPF is considered to be an extremist fringe group by at least some governments, including the US Government.

r2

Enlightened
I'm sure there are many more individual flashaholics in the world, but I would be surprised to learn of another active forum (at least in English) that is not widely known by CPF members. I think CPF has reached a large enough active membership that if an active sister forum exists somewhere we would have overlapped by now.

Given the quality of search engines like Google and the widespread use of eBay, I think the critical mass to be confident of a claim like that is pretty small these days. CPF comes up in searches and CPF member mods come up on eBay auctions pretty regularly, but the same sources are pretty silent about other similar gatherings.

We do see some stuff from non-English speaking countries (particularly China) on eBay, but I suspect these are the product of purely commercial ventures and do not spring from an unknown hobbiest enclave.

- Russ

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I don't know of any other forums such as this, but I think that most people searching for such info on the net would eventually find themselves here, mostly through the various websites of the members (In my case, the LED Museum - Thanks Craig!) Presently, my own site is lacking in flashlights - an oversight which should be resolved soon...even though I only have six so far...and two were free gifts. I guess everyone has to start somewhere...

Zel.