New polymer based white LED more efficient than flourescent

chris_m

Enlightened
Looks good for flood lighting, bad for flashlights (due to the larger LED which is harder to focus).

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
they basically have an admission that the thinner phosphors are going to have more lumens per watt, BUT i tell ya, the phosphors on my longest continually burning area lights are certannly very weak.

while we dont seem to care as much if a led is AS bright as it was , when in flashlights, in area lighting its more critical. . . ahh heck they better just start SOCKETING these things, cause in 5 years i aint gonna want to be ungluing and de-soldering them.

sell it today, deal with the problems tomorrow, if less or holey , or microwhatever phosphors is better today, they might not be better tomorrow.

i got some garbage china high powered leds, when i fired them up, they certannly acted like they had more phosphors, and less output, and those leds are of the similar brightness after the same time, as the luxeons are much lower output , especially when compared to new ones.

so as i suspected at the time, there was a ramification to how each had done the same Basic thing.

5000 hours aint doodley time when 8760 is just 1 year 24-7-365 so my luxeon 1W have had a good 20,000 hours at various brightnesess, and they sure as heck arent going to last 100,000 hours before i toss them.

Last edited: