wilcor outdoors 7 10mm led light

vinsanity286

Newly Enlightened
Just picked this up at the local exxon station for $10. I have been looking at it for a while on the shelf and finally decided to pick it up. And I am glad I did. I will post up pics later tonight. I has a nicely machined aluminum body with decent blue annodizing. The body is nice and thick and feels very solid. It has a small lanyard attatched to the rear reverse clicky, which by the was feels awsomley tactical. My best light is a dorcy super one watt and it blows the dorcy's clicky away(I know the dorcy clicky is not that great). It is solid with a loud click clack, I am having fun just clicking it on and off.

Like the title says there are 7 10mm leds. The light has a cool blue tint. From fresh duracell nimhs it draws 250 mah so 35 to each led. It is really bright. It doesnt have the throw of the dorcy but can easily illuminate objects over 100ft away and sends out a wall of light compared the dorcy's narrower beam. Having said that the beam is nice and tight with a perfectly even hot spot and not too much side spill. I have beam shots that I will post up later against the dorcy.

I originally bought this light for the leds and the nice looking body. I was planning on putting the leds in my dorcy aaa and coast mini tac. But this light is so nice that I dont know if I want to do that now.

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
I bought a keychain laser at a gas station 5 or 6 years ago, and I still use it, and it still works perfectly. Sometimes, you never know! Thanks for the little review!
:) john

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't seen that particular brand of 7x10mm light, but I got a 7x7mm from China that I think was reviewed by Craig/ledmuseum. As you said, I didn't expect much, but after some slight glue work, it's easily one of my most used lights. VERY nice wall of light that has decent throw for a non-Luxeon.

The beam shot is in comparison to the brightest XNova I've ever owned. The XNova is VERY usable but obviously the 7x7 blows it away. I've thought about getting one of the weird LiIon batteries that replaces the 3xAAA carrier, but haven't so far.

Does yours look ANYTHING like this one?

IMG_1883a.jpg

IMG_1889a.jpg

vinsanity286

Newly Enlightened

vinsanity286

Newly Enlightened
Well I didn't measure the leds but there is no way they are only 2mm bigger than a 5mm led. These things are huge. I am curious as to why craig measured the current draw to be 686ma when I got only 250ma.