Fenix LOD CE

mayo

Newly Enlightened
Wanted to start a thread that was just dedicated to the LOD CE. Here is all I can come up with so far. 4sevens says coming in January. The Austrailian site says coming in late January. The UK site says it will be available February 5th. Austrailian site shows $45.15 The UK site converts to $50.58.

I have three questions. What cell runs at 3.3volts? What will be this lights(torch) competition? And how hot do you think it will get on High?

- Utilizes a Cree 7090 XR-E LED with a life of 50,000 hours
- Five output types: 20 Lumens(3.5hrs) -> 7.5 Lumens(8.5hrs) -> 50 Lumens(1hrs) ->Strobe -> SOS
- Uses one 1.5V AAA battery, inexpensive and widely available
- 7.35cm (L) x 1.4cm (D)
- Input voltage: 0.8V~3.3V
- Made of aircraft grade aluminum
- Durable Type III hard anodized finish
- 14.5-gram weight (excluding batteries)
- Water-resistant (dunkable)
- max brightness is about 55 lumens
- Textured reflector (not sure on this)
- Toughened ultra clear glass lens with AR coating
- Reliable twist switch
- Capable of standing up securely on a flat surface to serve as a candle
- Accessories: spare O-ring, key ring and lobster-claw clip
- PWM regulation
- Patented

Update 1/22/07 -
cool.gif
Fenix store website shows LOD CE available Friday the 26th for $43.50. http://fenix-store.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_49&products_id=192 Use discount code of CPF5 for 5% discount.

Update 1/24/07 - Description updated on Fenix Store website, but shows LOD output types
huh2.gif

Update 1/24/07 - These pics are from this website http://www.shoudian.com/dispbbs.php?boardid=57&id=31097&page=1
Thanks to Lightbug.
1169630207995021.jpg

1169630215255787.jpg

1169630222990760.jpg

1169630230321521.jpg

1169630238218973.jpg

1169630246254112.jpg

1169648149944351.jpg

In this picture the author states he only has one 10440 cell. On the left is a Duracell
1169648159783847.jpg

Last edited:

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. You can probably use a 10440 aaa lithium 3.7v battery. Others have used this battery in their LOP SE and it seems to work OK.
2. Competition? Not sure if there is a Cree AAA single cell competitor yet?
3. It will probably get pretty warm with the 10440 lithium.

I plan to get one and would like to see what it can do with a 10440 battery.

fenix_fan

Newly Enlightened
A very timely new thread. I plan to order the LOD CE
from my usual Singapore supplier but am a little unsure
how I will like my first non-clickie Fenix.

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
we still need a:

1) cree
2) .9-4.2v AAA
3) digital mult level with same brightness regardless of voltage
4) Ti

the closest thing is the Ti CR2 Ion with (R)cr2's

adnj

Enlightened
Mayo, you may want to mention PWM regulation in the specs.

I am looking forward to ordering this for a EDPPC (everyday pants pocket carry) light.

Last edited:

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
The L0D can use 10440 without any problem! I contacted Fenix to confirm this! The PWM on L0D permit all levels to work correctly on 10440 batteries. They will just all be brighter. This is not the same thing with the P1D-CE. When using RCR123, levels don't work correctly.

Zest

Newly Enlightened
I'm very excited about this light. In my opinion, the only stumbling blocks for it are:
1. No "low-low" level. I think there are a lot of situations in which it will be just plain too bright.
2. It's awesome to have a light this small that approaches 'tactical' brighness, but because of the operation system this can't be taken advantage of.

Despite these small things, it's still gonna be a mean little light.

fenix_fan

Newly Enlightened
Excuse my ignorance, but what are 10440 and RCR123 batteries?
The only AAA's I know are the "normal" Duracell/Energiser type
one gets from supermarkets...

Zest

Newly Enlightened
10440's are AAA batteries that use li-ion chemistry, like a cellphone or laptop battery. They are not protected, so it is possible to over-discharge them, making it so they will no longer accept a charge.

BrightGal

Banned
I would like to know if the L0D CE running on a Energizer lithium primary battery will be as bright or brighter than the current lux-based L0D running on a lithium ion 10440 battery. Anyone know? Any bets?

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
BrightGal said:
I would like to know if the L0D CE running on a Energizer lithium primary battery will be as bright or brighter than the current lux-based L0D running on a lithium ion 10440 battery. Anyone know? Any bets?

I have the LOD on li-ion and I would guess that they will be REALLY close. But as soon as you throw li-ion in the LOD-CE, it will be no contest :naughty:

bobby68

Newly Enlightened
I´m really looking forward to get the L0D CE, my first Fenix :grin2:

Put it on my keys, as my EDC. Never goes anywhere without my keys.
I have also looked at the P1D CE, but I like the size (and AAA battery) of the L0D CE.

But I know myself, and I probably end up buying the P1D CE as well, and my girlfriend goes...
:twak:

txmatt

Enlightened
I love the size and build of the Arc AAAp. I've got a Fenix L1P and P1D CE and they are nice, too. The P1D CE is pretty amazing for its size. I'll definitely be getting a L0D CE. Anything larger than AAA size is larger than I like carrying in a pants pocket. From the L0D dimensions, it looks slightly bigger than the Arc but I hope it's minimally so.

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
txmatt said:
I love the size and build of the Arc AAAp. I've got a Fenix L1P and P1D CE and they are nice, too. The P1D CE is pretty amazing for its size. I'll definitely be getting a L0D CE. Anything larger than AAA size is larger than I like carrying in a pants pocket. From the L0D dimensions, it looks slightly bigger than the Arc but I hope it's minimally so.

See last picture there. It is compared to an E0 and an Arc AAA-P:

http://picasaweb.google.com/picasawildchild/L0DNatural

LightScene

Enlightened
"No "low-low" level. I think there are a lot of situations in which it will be just plain too bright. "

Fortunately this problem is easy to fix by also carrying a Photon type keychain light with a 5mm led.
I'm mostly concerned about the highest level output because I plan to continue carrying my L0P for medium output (with no PWM), and a red Photon for low-low level needs.

Last edited:

coppertrail

Enlightened
WildChild said:
This is not the same thing with the P1D-CE. When using RCR123, levels don't work correctly.
I use 3.0V RCR123A cells in my P1D CE and all the levels work fine. I believe it was the 3.6V RCR123A cells that caused problems with the levels in this light.

Looking forward to the L0D CE. My L0D should be here tomorrow, I'm hoping they offer the CE head upgrade. I've been very happy with my L2T and P1D CE which I've had for a week and a half now.

adnj

Enlightened
The "low-low" has never been a problem for me. I hope that someone can find some cheap, plastic cap that fits over the front end of the light. Punch a pin hole in it and voila! a tiny bit-o-light.

Zest

Newly Enlightened
LightScene said:
"No "low-low" level. I think there are a lot of situations in which it will be just plain too bright. "

Fortunately this problem is easy to fix by also carrying a Photon type keychain light with a 5mm led.
I'm mostly concerned about the highest level output because I plan to continue carrying my L0P for medium output (with no PWM), and a red Photon for low-low level needs.
Yeah, I considered that as I use a photon right now, but I'd rather not need a keychain light to suppliment my keychain light!:laughing: