Streamlight 3C LED (85 lumens) 3C luxeon (44 lumens)??

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
the two versions have about the same luminosity. The 10xLED version of the streamlight pro-poly puts out 43 lumens.

check out the following reference:

http://www.brightguy.com/manufacturer/streamlight.php
scroll down to the pro-poly section.

I have the 3xC LED propoly and, although I do not have a measuring device, for sure it does not look as if it is putting out light in the 80s. It is a good light, and that runtime is what made me get it, but let's not exaggerate!

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking that the 85 lumens is a new rating due to better, brighter 5mm LED's because i too used to see that the 10 LED version was rated at 43 lumens a few years ago.

The Shadow

Newly Enlightened
john2551 said:
I was thinking that the 85 lumens is a new rating due to better, brighter 5mm LED's because i too used to see that the 10 LED version was rated at 43 lumens a few years ago.

Anyone know how to tell the difference between the 85 lumen and the older 43 lumen version? Are there different part numbers for this ProPoly 3C LED? I found references to part numbers 33200 and 33202, but don't know if that's just packaging differences. I just ordered the Streamlight 33202 from Amazon with that $12.78 sale price. I'm hoping it's the brighter one...

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that's probably just different numbers for the Yellow body and black body versions. With regards to the lumens, I think they're just representing the number differently. Maybe they're using the Chinese method of multiplying the output of a single LED by the number of LEDs, rather than the actual overall output. In noticed that the 4AA 7LED is also rated at a much higher lumen output level than the Luxeon version. I don't think there are actually two versions, though Amazon may be clearing out some old packaging that might have the earlier claimed lumen output on the package.

The Shadow said:
I found references to part numbers 33200 and 33202, but don't know if that's just packaging differences.

The Shadow

Newly Enlightened
FYI: I figured out the part numbers. 33200 - boxed. 33202 - Blister Pack.

Looks like you can change LED modules too. Right on the light it says for use with 33221, 33222, 33223 LED modules. It would be nice to see Streamlight offer upgrades as the technology improves.