If war w/Iraq might not be enough...what else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm starting this message thread to honor PercaDan's idea of a thread devoted to actions outside of war with Iraq. This isn't for a debate about war. I'll leave that for some other discussion. If you are going to post here, please keep it along these lines.

Let's just say that for the sake of discussion, that we do invade Iraq, we win but the terrorism continues. What else might we need to do to stop it on a lasting basis?

I know that CPF has a lot of creative members that do a lot of thinking and research...so, how about ideas about "what else"?

[Closed by Administrator A00079: "because I don't think this thread is appropriate for the CPF Cafe. Respectfully, Al"]

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Focussing purely on Islamic Fundamentalists -- I doubt we can win.
These people and their thinking are literally from the dark ages. They're going through their own crusades.
What they need is to evolve on their own or through the instruction of their leaders -- and since the Muslim religion has no leader (as I understand it) this may take a while.
Until then they simply have to be kept harmless.
They have the right to hate all they want.
What they don't have is the right to act on that hate.
This is not as simple as U.S. against Iraq or al-Quaeda.
Islamic Fundamentalists are committing terrorism in every corner of the world.
The media has been playing down that aspect but there has been terrorism in literally dozens of countries against people of almost all races.
In their minds it is NOT Islam against capitalism or Americans or democracy -- it is Islam against non-Muslims.
Ideally the Muslims would police themselves and help stop the evildoers but if they can't or won't then it will have to be done for them.
If that means profiling or whatever then they have only themselves to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.