Runtime with PT Corona on 2500Nimh's?

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just wondering if anyone knew the approx. runtime on high with Energizer 2500Nimh rechargables? I read that it decreases the runtime and output, but I was wondering by how much. I just put them in mine and can barely notice a slight less output, but can't imagine it having that much less runtime than regular primaries. I would understand against lithium primaries.....I was just interested in the different runtimes.....thanks guys.

PS: This headlamp rocks! I have been using a Quad for a few months now, and suprisingly I like the 'feel" of the Corona more. And I am not sure about other peoples models(I just got one with the "new" style packaging), but the Corona is hands down bighter than my Quad. I have to keep telling myself this one is good enough, because I got my eye on the PT Apex Pro also :naughty: I think I made the right decision, as flood is what I need for my headlamp duties(that and runtime).

Burgess

Flashaholic
Yes, i love my PT Corona, as well.

My first (and only) headlamp. Surprised at just how handy
and useful a headlamp really is.

Kicking myself for waiting so long.

However . . . .

If i woulda' waited 6 more months, i woulda' had the NEW style

Corona, with the Extra-Bright LED's.
awman.gif

It's always something !
smile.gif

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
How long ago did this "new" style come out? And how do you tell which is which......because I got the new packaging does that mean I have the revamped LED's?