Looking for Arc-P quality at a lower price

DimBeam

Enlightened
I just lost my Arc-P which I had for over a year. It was a great and durable light. Since I am on a very tight budget I could not see shelling out close to 50 Bucks(including freight) for a replacement. I bought a Fenix E-1 at half the price and was very disappointed for two reasons. One the beam had rings, and worse the key chain hole after only 2 weeks broke through. I need something at least as tough as a Arc in the 25 dollar range that will not fall off my keychain and provide a decent beam. Any suggestions? Thanks

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
If you blacken the cylindrical tip of the reflector (assuming you're able to get it unscrewed) with a Sharpie the rings in the E1 mostly disappear. And, why not use the other splitring hole? Or, maybe the E0 would work.

Geoff

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try scouring the BST forums for a few days, you can pick up Arc-P's for around $30-$35.

CFU

P.S. you won't get Arc quality at a lower price...certainly not the build, fit and finish that your old Arc had anyways

thunderlight

Enlightened
New Gerber Sonics with recessed led is a less expensive alternative. I've bashed it around quite a bit and it holds up quite well. Around $16 at REI.