600 pound octopus escapes through a hole the size of a....quarter!!!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
why does this make me think that would be a good way to clear cloged viens for heart disease

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone can escape through a hole the size of a quarter if its below the spinning blades of a blender or two vessels with a vast air pressure different between them. :)

CLHC

Flashaholic
Fascinating sea creature I must say! How about the one that was filmed escaping a boat?

TorchMan

Enlightened
"I'd like to be, under the sea..."

They are highly intelligent as well. I've seen them do some amazing things on undersea shows.

FNinjaP90

Enlightened
If that passageway was the diameter of a quarter, then that octopus would be a couple of inches long. I find it hard to believe something that small would weigh 600lbs.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
tvodrd said:
I have to install software to view this? (Danger, Will Robinson...)

Larry
Exactly. Macromedia...never trusted it and have no reason to trust it now. Just because Adobe now owns it doesn't mean it's less of a virus gateway. Just because "everybody" is doing it doesn't mean it's cool.

Firefox? Not at all perfect but I like it better than IE.

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
FNinjaP90 said:
If that passageway was the diameter of a quarter, then that octopus would be a couple of inches long. I find it hard to believe something that small would weigh 600lbs.

FNinja, I agree with you.
As I figured, it never happened in the video. The narrator was just flapping his gums. Listen to the context of his words. It's a bit ovious to me that a 600lb octopus cannot do such a thing unless its tissues are VERY elastic.

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
"FNinja, I agree with you.
As I figured, it never happened in the video. The narrator was just flapping his gums. Listen to the context of his words. It's a bit ovious to me that a 600lb octopus cannot do such a thing unless its tissues are VERY elastic."

Ever eaten Octopus?:grin2:

Since I know nothing about Octopuses, (actually, I think it is Octopi or Octopie, now that I think about it!) I'll have to go with the National Geographic guy.

Don't know for sure, but it is cool!

Bill

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it just squid that have beaks, or do octopuses do to? Cause a 600lb one's beak is probably bigger than a quarter.